Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Jon Jones Wants to Make Movies

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    and it also doesnt suggest that every mma fighter will do a terrible job like you - and many others on here are suggesting, since everyone has been basing it off what OTHER fighters have done and not what Jones himself has done.
    It's a distraction, nothing more.

Jones is a gifted fighter but what experience and training does he have with acting? From his awkwardness in interviews and commentating, what tells you that he will be a talented actor?

Catch up, Jonesy.

BP
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    It's a distraction, nothing more.

Jones is a gifted fighter but what experience and training does he have with acting? From his awkwardness in interviews and commentating, what tells you that he will be a talented actor?

and theres no need to be awkward when you have someone writing your lines and all you have to do is memorize it. Im not saying Jones is the next Denzel Washington, but i bet he can do a good job in certain types of roles.

Riv made it very clear why he should walk away from his title

Because like you said, theres no logical reason for him to walk away from it other than him not liking him.
    actually, I did make a very clear case when and if he should walk away from his title...but unsurprisingly, you missed it, because you're a idiot.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I'll double post, because I'm lazy. I didn't read any other posts in this thread, mostly because I could really give a fuck about Jon Jones.

But if you're talking about rampage getting "shit on" for making movies, he was "shit on" for reneging on a contract. That's a little different from a "monkey" not staying "confined to it's cage." It's kind of the case of an individual who goes back on his word, which, by definition, makes them an asshole who can't be trusted.

Pop Quiz:
    Q:which champion of a major fight org didn't get criticized when he branched out into film?

A: Cung Le. he won the SF MW championship, and then vacated it to make three or four [crap] films in rapid succession. He wasn't trying to do both things at once, he wasn't holding a title hostage while he satisfied his vanity.

If Jones wants to go make films, all power to him...if he walks away from his title.

rh
    actually, I did make a very clear case when and if he should walk away from his title...but unsurprisingly, you missed it, because you're a idiot.

rh

Sooo because Rampage reneged on his contract (while he was not the champion) and Cung Lee vacated his Strikeforce belt Jon should do the same.....

You don't even take into consideration that he (Jones) is able to do both at the same time ala GSP right now. GSP is in Captain America II which he is currently filming and comes out April 2014 - and he is still training for his TITLE FIGHT in November. Just because rampage is dumber than a bag of rocks doesnt mean others cant walk and chew gum at the same time.

But i will face the facts, you wont admit you are wrong - ive yet to see you do so, im just an idiot.

But i will face the facts, you wont admit you are wrong - ive yet to see you do so, im just an idiot.
    You must have missed the multiple times I've been wrong on the boards then. Doc MMA used to school me regularly, I think Simple schooled me a couple weeks ago. I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong.

I'm not wrong in this instance. I'm clearly talking about holding a title hostage or reneging on contracts here...but you jumped the inept--and entirely incorrect--assumption that I hate Jones instead.

Because you are a fucking idiot.

And note--I'm not saying that to prompt you into thinking through your posts and becoming a better overall poster, as I did with TN94z. I don't think you are capable of becoming a better poster.

...because you are a fucking idiot.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

You must have missed the multiple times I've been wrong on the boards then. Doc MMA used to school me regularly, I think Simple schooled me a couple weeks ago. I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong.

I'm not wrong in this instance. I'm clearly talking about holding a title hostage or reneging on contracts here...but you jumped the inept--and entirely incorrect--assumption that I hate Jones instead.

Because you are a fucking idiot.

And note--I'm not saying that to prompt you into thinking through your posts and becoming a better overall poster, as I did with TN94z. I don't think you are capable of becoming a better poster.

...because you are a fucking idiot.

rh

Just stay down BonesKnows. Stay down.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I anticipate this reply from BK:

But... Jones has a possibility of being great in some roles. Let's just let him do what he wants because he defends his title 3 times a year. It's fine if he only defends it once a year for a year. Let's let him make some money non the side. What's the big deal? GSP defends his title only once per year and everyone loves him still.

If he's defending once a year, I'm fine with that, as long as there isn't any contract disputes.

The only problem I see is that Jones is stiff and unbelievable when he's pretending to be a real person, I can't see him being any less stiff or more convincing in an actual role.

rh

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

10. Default

There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Thread Information