Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If Anderson wins convincingly...

Talking If Anderson wins convincingly...

Will anyone give him credit or will we get the same BS that always gets said "too big", "not ready", "hasn't fought anyone elite" or "needs to fight Jones"?

I am super excited for this fight, would like to see if Weidman has anything for Anderson, personally I think Anderson will KO him after toying with him for a round or 2.

What about you lot?
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

Oscar Wilde

rob_bills Guest

Anderson is damned if he do, damned if he dont. If he destroys Weidman, then people will say ring rust.. too soon or whatever.

Silva definitely has a lot more to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by mmafan111 View Post
    Will anyone give him credit or will we get the same BS that always gets said "too big", "not ready", "hasn't fought anyone elite" or "needs to fight Jones"?

I am super excited for this fight, would like to see if Weidman has anything for Anderson, personally I think Anderson will KO him after toying with him for a round or 2.

What about you lot?
    I'm not sure you can say the man sitting on top of the MMA world is not getting his due credit respect sure credit ?

I've been hoping he'd get beat for a long time now does not mean i don't give him credit what he has and keeps doing i sure in the hell don't credit ED or Steven Segal

Weidman will answer thees'e questions for you.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

haters are going to hate, but he'll get credit from me.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

WTF?! Who says Anderson doesn't get credit? I don't like him, and I don't think I've ever rooted for him, but he's arguably the greatest fighter of all time and no one can take that away from him.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

If Weidman comes in injured I will give him the same benefit of doubt that I gave Anderson when he fought Chael the first time.

I don't know about that "beats Weidman convincingly" part. That statement means a lot of things to a lot of people. For me much like drag racing a win is a win is a win.

Will haters give Silva credit? Given past history I doubt it.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

I consider him one of the best of all time but it will take a super fight with Jones or whoever the LHW champion is. It is because he defended his title against the likes of Lietes, Cote and Maia. So he needs to do something big for me to consider him the GOAT.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

actually i think in order for him to get more credit from people that dont already like him he'll have to win a slubberknocker like henderson/shogun

Anderson will have beaten another top 5 middleweight and gain the kudos that comes with his kajillion title defenses.

Meatheads make silly statements and the forum will be calm like a bomb..

Thread Information