+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UFC boss Dana White: Bellator MMA 'never going to be as good as us'

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Dana would not be saying this unless they were presenting a threat.
    I think it's more of a "goodbye, farewell" to Rampage, just to let him know that he joined an inferior org. And to be quite honest, Rampage IS NOT gonna give Bellator the boost that all parties are expecting. I may be wrong, but Rampage seems more excited about the idea of having his own show, acting on TNA than he does fighting for Bellator.

As for the tournament setup that Bellator uses to grant number one contenders, it is very much legit for the guys competing in it, but not so much for the champions. Since being the champ, Ben Askren has fought 4x, one of them being a non-title bout just to stay active (another downside) since 2010. 4 fights in 3 years is not good, especially for a champion.

Michael Chandler also fighting at the same rate, 2 fights in 2 years since becoming champ, one of which was non-title.

2. Default

IFL or whatever the fuck it was called, Elite XC, Affliction, Pride, Strikeforce.....they all fall to Zuffa.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Quote Originally Posted by FFFRpickup View Post
    shut the #@% up boxersise boy...dana white has small penis syndrome...I bet he drives a hummer. Instead of applauding their efforts..we get this.
    This is an extremely coherent addition to the dialogue of this topic.
    Considering every time Dana/Zuffa has said this they end up owning said company literally I do not think what he is stating is not that far off. He is simply stating a fact regardless of people's personal aversions to White, he does know business at least the MMA business.
    Here is a small tidbit, he is simply stating in many words that Bellator is the minor league's and every single time another company comes about that people claim could be a rival to the UFC they end up proving they are the minor league's by the guys that come to the UFC and falter.
    Now to dissect this tad rant of yours, what does him doing boxercise (personal trainer) have to do with his business acumen and ability to tell that another company is not on the same level as his own?
    Dana White has small penis syndrome and driving a hummer has what to do with this statement made by Dana?
    Applauding the competition, he does this after he crushes and purchases them which has been an extremely effective business model for the UFC/Zuffa.

I really understand some of the disdain people have for Dana White but with the Randy statements and people lashing out against him (Dana) and the hate he gets for "not giving props to the competition" etc or just about anything Dana states is immediately met with the "Fuck Dana White Syndrome" is asinine.
    "The time is almost upon us.
    My centuries of manipulating... of preparing... are reaching their resolution.
    With the dawning of the new day, the end times will be upon us... my ascension complete. And you, the twelve -- prophesied saviors of mutantkind... your power will bestow upon me the means to achieve my destiny.
    First, I will remake this pathetic orb in my image, and then the stars."
    Apocalypse

I like having Bellator exsist, but at the same time,its not even close to being as good as the UFC, but having different options is nice.

I like how Bellator does the tournament for all the weight classes,but at the same time the champions rarely fight, and alot of them are younger fighters that need to be much more active. And if the Champions fight outside the org or in a non-title fight and lose it degrades the championship itself which is really bad. Not to mention if the challenger or champion gets injured, flawed system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    I like having Bellator exsist, but at the same time,its not even close to being as good as the UFC, but having different options is nice.

I like how Bellator does the tournament for all the weight classes,but at the same time the champions rarely fight, and alot of them are younger fighters that need to be much more active. And if the Champions fight outside the org or in a non-title fight and lose it degrades the championship itself which is really bad. Not to mention if the challenger or champion gets injured, flawed system.
    You pretty much just summed up why I dislike Bellator.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Bellator just have to keep buying UFC fighters who get cut and if they keep loosing that does give Bellator a better shine, doesn't matter if the fighters were cut from the UFC. If a name fighter gets KO'd by a bellator fighter it the best case scenario for Bellator. I think Hector Lombard stumbling in the UFC may hurt a little bit though, it's a two way street. But anything short of direct competition, the UFC will always win the hype war. They invest more money into their own hype than the fighters after all.......and always will.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

IFL or whatever the fuck it was called, Elite XC, Affliction, Pride, Strikeforce.....they all fall to Zuffa.
    They died because they made bad business moves, not because their shows were worse than UFC's.
    Pride was much much better than UFC, Affliction had only 2 shows but made 2 great cards with great names, Strikeforce was doing very good things before they were purchased.

Bellator looks like a solid org. Hopefully Zuffa do not buy them (despite that they would love to do so).
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    They died because they made bad business moves, not because their shows were worse than UFC's.
    Pride was much much better than UFC, Affliction had only 2 shows but made 2 great cards with great names, Strikeforce was doing very good things before they were purchased.

Bellator looks like a solid org. Hopefully Zuffa do not buy them (despite that they would love to do so).
    I agree that Pride was better than UFC but they were bought out, due to financial problems, so they too made bad business moves.

Affliction did put on 2 solid shows, but they were paying guys crazy salaries and not generating enough revenue. And when you're an organization paying Tim Sylvia $800k, you're making bad business moves.

SF was a solid organization, but if they weren't making bad business moves, they wouldn't have been purchased.

The UFC has made a lot of bad moves over the years, but it's been outweighed exponentially by lots of good moves, which is why they are still the top org. and generating profit year after year.
    Last edited by MMA4EVERRR; 06-26-2013 at 10:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information