+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Randy Couture claims the Fertitta brothers are 'using' Dana White to verbally attack

1. Default Randy Couture claims the Fertitta brothers are 'using' Dana White to verbally attack

Randy Couture claims the Fertitta brothers are 'using' Dana White to verbally attack others

There's a highlight reel of a guy named Lorenzo Fertitta on YouTube. The dude is a running back for Bishop Gorman Gaels and judging by the way he dusts his opponents, he's pretty damn nasty on the turf. Lorenzo plays on the junior varsity squad of his high school, but unfortunately he's not a self-made billionaire. See, there's this other guy named Lorenzo Fertitta that has a lot of money and abnormally meaty arms. He's also the CEO of ZUFFA and he doesn't care that you missed last night's episode of True Blood. He missed it too, so did I. Sometimes these things happen in MMA. While you're thumbing through your DVR, check out this Sports Illustrated interview in which Randy Couture claims the Fertittas are 'using' Dana White.

Of course it was hurtful. That's how Dana operates. That's the sword that he wields. That's how the Fertittas use him. They know how he's going to react. They know he's going to say the things he's going to say. He goes out of his way to be hurtful, to be insulting, to drop F-bombs and try to push buttons. That's how he operates. He's very predictable in that regard. At the press conference for Fight Master I thanked him for creating such a media storm for the brand new show. And since then we haven't heard a word from him.

But this is how Dana operates. I don't operate that way. It's not personal for me. It's about making the best business decisions I can for my brand and for the sport of mixed martial arts.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

That's the catch Randy, it is business for Dana and the Fertitta's as well and of course they use Dana as their sword...he wants to be the sword so it is not like he is being used. He has a stake in this battle and it is a battle of keeping the UFC the supreme face of MMA, just as the NBA is the face of basketball and the NFL is the face of football etc etc etc.
    I'm beginning to dislike Randy more and more because this belief that he is somehow a victim in all of this baffles me. The UFC was attempting to set Randy up very well, hell they already made strides to put him in front of the camera and make him the face of their UFC commentary on FOX...HE in a backhanded manner sought out a deal with Bellator and when confronted he denied the matter. Randy is at fault for the a supposed ill will that comes from Dana/Fertitta's and the UFC.
    But yes, Dana is the sword of the Zuffa Brand (Fertitta's) and he is a willing sword not used.
    4 LIFE

Its not personal for me
    then why keep bringing it up.............

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    then why keep bringing it up.............
    I'm guessing it was one of the questions in the interview?

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead75 View Post
    I'm guessing it was one of the questions in the interview?
    And he has every right not to address it. He can say; ive already covered that topic - im moving on from it and enjoying my new gig. Vitor gets asked about TRT all the time and doesnt adress it.

He instead decided to bad mouth Dana some more and now brings in the Fertitta's to cause even more shit but ends it with "its nothing personal for me"

Its the same when people are flipping out on the internet and then at the same time say they arent mad.

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    That's the catch Randy, it is business for Dana and the Fertitta's as well and of course they use Dana as their sword...he wants to be the sword so it is not like he is being used. He has a stake in this battle and it is a battle of keeping the UFC the supreme face of MMA, just as the NBA is the face of basketball and the NFL is the face of football etc etc etc.
    I don't think Randy is complaining about the fact that it's a business. I think he's taking issue--justifiably--with HOW business is being conducted. When was the last time you heard David Stern or Roger Goodell actually question the manhood of one of their former employees? If one of them actively went out of their way to penalize an active player for something their family may have done--and nothing criminal, mind you--do you think it would leave them open for criticism?

But dana has such great street cred, because he wears overpriced latently homoerotic tee shirts, drops F bombs and is somehow considered a "good business man" by the masses.

I'm beginning to dislike Randy more and more because this belief that he is somehow a victim in all of this baffles me.
    I'm actually not a Randy fan at all--I think he's stunningly overrated historically--but I don't see him representing himself as a victim at all here. To me he's saying "melodrama and hysterics are what you get with dana. I've known that for years, I expected it. But he's also fucking with my son, which is a new low."

He's not complaining about what dana has said, he's not addressing the fact that dana questioned his integrity or said he wasn't a man. He's concerned about the welfare of his kid.

I think Randy is an a-hole, but forgive me if I understand being concerned for your kid.

The UFC was attempting to set Randy up very well, hell they already made strides to put him in front of the camera and make him the face of their UFC commentary on FOX...HE in a backhanded manner sought out a deal with Bellator and when confronted he denied the matter. Randy is at fault for the a supposed ill will that comes from Dana/Fertitta's and the UFC.
    Post the details of the contracts if you've got them. If you don't, you're just making assumptions as to how "well" anyone was being "set up" and who approached who, and what was confronted and/or denied.

That's some straight up TMZ shit there.

But yes, Dana is the sword of the Zuffa Brand (Fertitta's) and he is a willing sword not used.
    a tool that is willing is still nothing more than a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    And he has every right not to address it. He can say; ive already covered that topic - im moving on from it and enjoying my new gig. Vitor gets asked about TRT all the time and doesnt adress it.
    ...and hacks across the interweb whine and bitch about Vitor not addressing it, and jump to their own, erroneous conclusions out of spite.

By addressing it, he at least gets what he considers to be an accurate representation of his perspective out there...particularly important because he has an understanding of how dana reacts overly emotionally with the media, to the point where facts are something he can't be bothered with. But it doesn't matter, because people are still going to misconstrue what he's said into him creating drama with dana...as just went on above.

He instead decided to bad mouth Dana some more and now brings in the Fertitta's to cause even more shit but ends it with "its nothing personal for me"
    exactly where is he badmouthing anyone? Where is he saying anything that isn't patently obvious? Taken in the context of the personal attacks leveled against his integrity, I thought he handled it fairly diplomatically, pointing out that anyone who wasn't behind the scenes wouldn't understand it.

Its the same when people are flipping out on the internet and then at the same time say they arent mad.
    Can you point out that someone is being foolish without being angry? in these exchanges, who comes off as more reactionary and emotional...dana, or Randy?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Randy speaks the truth.

I've always thought people will follow whatever Dana says no matter what. And for the people that are disliking Randy now, IMO don't have there own opinions on the matter so they follow what Dana says.
    "Anger causes many things, baldness, impotence, waking up in the middle of the night with your hands covered in blood and you don’t know what happened. Hey, I’ve been around.” - Bas Rutten (GTA 4)

I've always been a fan of randy the fighter. Not the man. Same goes for Dana white. I'm a fan of Dana the promoter. Not the man.

Riv is right, Dana is a tool...or a parrot. Can an animal be a tool? He is also a jackass, so can a person be two animals, AND a tool? If so, does that also make them a transformer?
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!

Dana White used Randy Couture to get the Heavyweight Title away from Big Tim Sylvia.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information