Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva Shares His Top 4 Best UFC Fighters Of All Time

1. Default Anderson Silva Shares His Top 4 Best UFC Fighters Of All Time

Anderson Silva Shares His Top 4 Best UFC Fighters Of All Time - FightLine.com

You would think the unstoppable force that is Anderson "The Spider" Silva would be quick to mention himself when speaking of the greatest fighters of all time, but not on the UFC 162 conference call. Silva was quick to rattle off five great fighters who he feels deserve to be called the best of all time.

4. Royce Gracie

3. Chuck Liddell

2. Randy Couture

1. B.J. Penn
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Solid list, but not quite, BJ Penn is a beast tho
    I hope this post doesn't creep out Sakara=Excitement.

Silva was quick to rattle off five great fighters who he feels deserve to be called the best of all time.

4. Royce Gracie

3. Chuck Liddell

2. Randy Couture

1. B.J. Penn
    Soooooooooo... where's the 5th guy???
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

No Matt Hughes? Masscore is having a fuckin stroke right now haha
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    No Matt Hughes? Masscore is having a fuckin stroke right now haha
    Yea, if you don't list Matt Hughes near the top of any list when it comes to the UFC or MMA in general, your opinion is wrong.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

People seem to forget that "best" means different things to different people. If you're talking about record wise, Ray Mercer is 1-0 so his stats would be "never lost", all wins by KO, blah blah. For some it's just a feeling that was associated with athletes and they think of "best" as "favorite".

I gotta say, to me, that aura of BJ with his boxing-hurt-you-take-down-sub-the-F-out was amazing!!! Watching him devour the souls of Stevenson, Florian, Sanchez, SHERK!!! OMFG I remember the energy at the bar I was at for that fight-- it was unbelievable how he destroyed him and then came those punches, flying knee and the uppercuts as Sherk's head was bouncing against the cage. EPIC!

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside View Post
    People seem to forget that "best" means different things to different people. If you're talking about record wise, Ray Mercer is 1-0 so his stats would be "never lost", all wins by KO, blah blah. For some it's just a feeling that was associated with athletes and they think of "best" as "favorite".
    !
    What about his loss to Kimbo?

You would think the unstoppable force that is Anderson "The Spider" Silva would be quick to mention himself when speaking of the greatest fighters of all time
    Jones named himself when asked who is his top 3. He said Fedor, Anderson, and himself. But he's not cocky

Thread Information