+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brown: I know I'd destroy GSP

Default Brown: I know I'd destroy GSP

Brown: I know I'd destroy GSP - Mixed Martial Arts News

Matt Brown is currently riding an impressive five fight win streak coming into his UFC on FOX Sports 1 bout with Thiago Alves. Alves, a former number one contender, will certainly be his stiffest fight to date, however Brown is already thinking about a title shot and is confident he can defeat the curretn champion Georges St-Pierre:

"I think he'd be scared to get close enough to hit me because I'm not going to avoid anything he throws. I'm going to step right in the pocket and throw down. He's not going to have any option but to be on the feet with me. Even if he has the skills to stand, he would not be able to handle my pressure, tenacity and desire to win. I think I'm one of the worst match ups for GSP."

"Everyone thinks I'm delusional and crazy for thinking that, but I know who I am. If I go in there the best I can be, I know I'd destroy GSP. When I come in against GSP, I'm going in to take the belt from him, I'm not going to play around with the world title on the line. I'm 110% confident, if I show up at my best, he does not stand a chance in hell against me. This match up with Thiago is a far tougher match up for me than GSP."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

2. Default

So much wrong here. But hey, to each their own.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Good luck, Matt....you'll need it.

He's got 6 losses in the UFC against fighters outside the Top 10. What's he even doing mentioning GSP's name?

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    He's got 6 losses in the UFC against fighters outside the Top 10. What's he even doing mentioning GSP's name?
    Wow, you should seriously familiarize yourself with the situations of those fights. You sound like a wikipedia n00b, bro.

I don't see him getting past Thiago, let alone ever see him getting a title shot. I'm a fan of his and all but he has nothing for the top 5 imho

7. Default

How he possibly thinks Thiago Alves is more dangerous than GSP is insane.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Simple, with Thiago he figures he could get finished. With GSP he figures he gets 5 shots at a punchers chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    You know there is no chance of getting knocked out!

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside View Post
    Wow, you should seriously familiarize yourself with the situations of those fights. You sound like a wikipedia n00b, bro.
    He got chocked out 4 times and SD'd once. whats there to familiarize yourself with?

In any case, I like Matt, but he would spend exactly 24 minutes staring up at the ceiling lights in a fight with GSP.
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information