Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brown: I know I'd destroy GSP

It's the word "destroy" that surprises me the most.

If Brown throws down with Alves he'll get finished in the first round.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

3. Default

I like Matt but don't think he'll have more than 15 seconds a round to implement his game plan, and don't think he can win 1 of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    Simple, with Thiago he figures he could get finished. With GSP he figures he gets 5 shots at a punchers chance.
    this. Doesn't take a genius to figure out.

Since when is GSP a bad striker? He is clearly one of the top strikers in the WW division and if he decided to stand with Brown for 5 rounds he would win the fight handily. Brown barely has a puncher's chance since GSP has a pretty good chin. GSP would just stick and move the whole fight and by the end of it Brown would look worse then Koscheck did.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

I don't believe Matt would come anywhere close to beating GSP. Hell I'm really worried about this fight with thiago. However, I admire his confidence, tenacity, and warrior spirit. He might be lacking some tools in his arsenal but he has plenty of fire and drive. War brown!

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Suisse drunk I'm having the funsies people not like my crazy
    someone should take my phone when I'm drunk.

In a 5 round stand up fight, I see GSP as going .500 in the UFC. Shields did it for the most part, except, IIRC significant strikes?

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside View Post
    Wow, you should seriously familiarize yourself with the situations of those fights. You sound like a wikipedia n00b, bro.
    I watched most of them. Go ahead and make excuses for all of his losses. Show me some legit Top 10 wins of his to hang your hat on. You sound like a Matt Brown nuthugger bro.

In a 5 round stand up fight, I see GSP as going .500 in the UFC. Shields did it for the most part, except, IIRC significant strikes?
    Fortunately, GSP isn't a professional kickboxer.

You also neglect that GSP was pretty well fighting with one eye for the majority of the Shields fight.

Ummm no, for 3 rounds GSP picked Shields apart and then he got the eye poke from hell and lost his vision. Shields made a comeback in the 4th and 5th rounds because GSP couldn't see. If they kept the same pace for the final two rounds GSP would have outlanded Shields 105-85.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Thread Information