Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brown: I know I'd destroy GSP

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside View Post
    Wow, you should seriously familiarize yourself with the situations of those fights. You sound like a wikipedia n00b, bro.
    I did not watched those fights and I do not know what happened before he got sub'd.

Explain me, probably I am missing something but I also think that someone that has lost 11 times and 9 of them are by submission can not be considered as a serious candidate to destroy GSP.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

2. Default

GSP has a good striking game, but it lacks serous ko power. I personally would call no KO power used as a fact.

I thought they spelt Brown(e)'s name incorrectly. I thought Travis Browne was pulling an Anderson Silva.

4. Default

Im a big Matt Brown fan, but standing in the pocket isnt going to win any fights against a fighter like GSP who mixes takedowns and striking better then _anyone_ else in the game. I think Matt is tough enough, but stylistically matches up badly with GSP.

Blah.

The only thing I've seen from brown is that he's a tough sob that appears to enjoy bdsm that ends with him nearly passing out from asphyxiation.

He's been choked more times than sonnen and carradine combined.

He's got no answer for the gsp jab and that will lead him to getting planted on his back.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    I watched most of them. Go ahead and make excuses for all of his losses. Show me some legit Top 10 wins of his to hang your hat on. You sound like a Matt Brown nuthugger bro.
    No, you didn't. Saying so doesn't make it so. And, if you had, you'd remember Joe saying in two different fights that Brown was scheduled for a back surgery and neck surgery LOL

As far as shields... Wow Georges sure looked like he was " picking him apart"
    FightMetric: St-Pierre vs. Shields Official UFC Statistics

Seriously, what do you expect Matt Brown to say?

"Aww I won't fight GSP cause he will kick my ass"?

If he isn't confident of beating every other fighter then why the hell is he fighting?

I don't know anyone (except Bob Sapp) who goes into a fight expecting to lose.

Give the guy a break, he, like everyone else who hasn't faced GSP, think his style is the key to victory, if he keeps winning and so does GSP then we may get a chance to see him put his money where his mouth is, personally I do t think that fight will ever happen but that's just my opinion.
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

Oscar Wilde

Well why the hell not. I don't agree with Chael Sonnen very often, but he is right about one thing....If you're not fighting to be the champion, then you're wasting time. GSP is the champing and Matt Brown wants to be the best. It's that simple. Every fighter in the UFC should feel the same way, and if they don't then they should move the fuck out of the way and make more room for fighters like Matt Brown. Whether or not he can beat GSP is beside the point. He doesn't have to fake having fire in his eyes, unlike some fighters who talk a lot of junk and then fold....cough "the count". He's sincere and shows up to the cage with the sincere desire to fuck guys up. That attitude alone makes him dangerous for any fighter in his division. Especially the Champ.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

I like Matt but GSP wouldn't even have to show up, he could send his shorts in to win.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside View Post
    No, you didn't. Saying so doesn't make it so. And, if you had, you'd remember Joe saying in two different fights that Brown was scheduled for a back surgery and neck surgery LOL

As far as shields... Wow Georges sure looked like he was " picking him apart"
    FightMetric: St-Pierre vs. Shields Official UFC Statistics
    Out of all the people he has fought in the ufc only five still fight for the ufc. Two of the five beat him.
    All of his losses but one have been by sub. So if the fight goes down i'd pick GSP by dec. Only because GSP don't seem to try and finish fights any more.

But if the fight does go down it won't be for a title cause GSP getting knocked out in his next fight.

Thread Information