Thread: Frankie Edgar Hopes a Win Over Charles Oliveira at UFC 162 Will Move Him Closer

1. Default Frankie Edgar Hopes a Win Over Charles Oliveira at UFC 162 Will Move Him Closer

Frankie Edgar Hopes a Win Over Charles Oliveira at UFC 162 Will Move Him Closer to Another Title Fight | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC champion Frankie Edgar will do something he hasn’t done in years when he faces Charles Oliveira in a featherweight match-up at UFC 162 on July 6 in Las Vegas. He’ll compete in a non-title fight for the first time since 2009, and hopes a win over Oliveira will move him closer to another championship bout.

“One step closer toward a title shot,” said Edgar when asked what a win over Oliveira would mean.
    Oliveira (16-3, 1 No Contest) is 2-1 as a featherweight and nine of his 16 wins have come by submission.

“I think he’s a dangerous fighter, long and rangy with slick submissions,” Edgar said about his opponent in a chat on UFC.com. “I guess his slick submission game might be the biggest threat.”
    Edgar made his featherweight debut at UFC 156 on Feb. 2, losing to champion Jose Aldo by decision. His speed and footwork was an advantage for him in the lightweight division, and he doesn’t believe anyone at 145 pounds is going to have a speed advantage over him.

“I don’t know if I have an advantage, they’re all lighter fighters, but I don’t think I’m outclassed in speed by anyone though,” he said.
    To Edgar, everyone he faces is dangerous, including Oliveira.

“I’m nervous for everybody. Everybody possesses something to be weary of,” said the former champion.
    UFC 162 takes place on July 6 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and his headlined by the middleweight title bout between champion Anderson Silva and top contender Chris Weidman.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Still think it's weird that they matched Cub with Siver & Frankie with Do Bronx.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Still think it's weird that they matched Cub with Siver & Frankie with Do Bronx.
    Frankie needs to get a win on his records. Three loses in a row, cant chance a fourth. On paper it looks bad but real mma fans know its not a big deal as they were all title fights and close decisions.

I expect it to be a sick fight.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information