Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TJ Grant: It was 'low class' and 'dirty' of Anthony Pettis but I'm ignoring it

Default TJ Grant: It was 'low class' and 'dirty' of Anthony Pettis but I'm ignoring it

TJ Grant: It was 'low class' and 'dirty' of Anthony Pettis but I'm ignoring it – on the ESPN UFC PODCAST – Telegraph Blogs

"I wish it was handled a little differently; him of all people, I think it was disrespectful, to do that against someone who has earned the right to fight is not right."

"Unfortunately he got hurt but it was low class, I thought. I didn't want to get into the whole talking thing. I got here legitimately and earned it. Ultimately, what he was saying was that he wanted my title shot which was incredibly disrespectful. It was pretty dirty."

"He's 26 years old and hes a great fighter I think he'll be a champion one day, but this is my time right now."

"It's in the past now: He's out, I'm in. It's going to be a series of little battles in a big battle against Benson Henderson. He's the man, and I want to beat the man and be champion. It's what I've always wanted."

Grant admitted he had not been reassured by the UFC that Pettis would not be on the Aug 31 card, but also indicated Pettis been ruled out through a medical test on his injury by the UFC doctors.

Grant, joining the ESPN UFC Podcast for half an hour, spoke on all things from Pettis, to Benson Henderson to TRT in the UFC. "I have red facial hair. I just wanted to embrace it with the beard. I'll try and grow an impressive one for the fight with Benson Henderson on Aug 31 in Milwaukee," he said

I think he addressed it well on the MMA Hour aka MMA Eternity... he simply "had to try". I don't blame him one bit! I'd do the same thing! Hey, THEY ARE FIGHTING IN HIS HOMETOWN!!! His surgeon said he'd need a few weeks break and viola, Benson is fighting a few weeks from Pettis' schedules fight-date AND it's one of the most anticipated rematches in this sport aside from all the terrible Sonnen-Silva hype.

TJ's first title defense is already built in and hyped, if he beats Bendo for the strap.

Since the Guida loss, Pettis has come across to me as an entitled brat. Grant's wins are far superior to Pettis's.

I saw it and intially equated it to when my brother moved out and I took over his room....then he went broke and had to move home.....somehow, he felt entitled to come right back to the same room and maintain the same standing he had before. BULLSHIT.

Pettis left LW to chase another title. Meanwhile, another guy established himself as a legit contender and EARNED a shot. Just because you twisted your knee and missed out on your opportunity doesn't mean you can come back in and uproot everything that's happened since you left.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I saw it and intially equated it to when my brother moved out and I took over his room....then he went broke and had to move home.....somehow, he felt entitled to come right back to the same room and maintain the same standing he had before. BULLSHIT.

Pettis left LW to chase another title. Meanwhile, another guy established himself as a legit contender and EARNED a shot. Just because you twisted your knee and missed out on your opportunity doesn't mean you can come back in and uproot everything that's happened since you left.
    Still bitter?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

No.

My brother passed away last February and I hold no grudge in that situation. But thanks for bringing up those feelings....prick.

I simply thought it was a good illustration of the situation and how entitled Pettis sounded.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    No.

My brother passed away last February and I hold no grudge in that situation. But thanks for bringing up those feelings....prick.

I simply thought it was a good illustration of the situation and how entitled Pettis sounded.
    Goddamn it
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Hey Kevo, got any new Nelson Mandela's close to death jokes???

LOL......

I never used the "My mom's dead" defense for Yo Mama jokes but it was appropriate here.

P.S.

That's a badass quote you have now, no?

Thread Information