Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dos Santos no longer interested in Overeem fight

Default Dos Santos no longer interested in Overeem fight

Dos Santos no longer interested in Overeem fight - Fighters Only

Now Dos Santos says that he feels “avenged” by fellow Brazilian heavyweight Antonio ‘Bigfoot’ Silva, who knocked Overeem out in the third round of their fight earlier this year. Dos Santos says he no longer has any desire to fight the Dutchman.

“Bigfoot put him on his place. I no longer feel the wish to face him but I fight whomever the UFC puts in front of me. I will train aiming that guy and to be very well prepared to win,” Dos Santos told Terra.

“The limited fighters, guys who don’t believe in themselves, who don’t dedicate to the training and don’t take it seriously are the ones who make it to call for attention. They do it to hype themselves.

“It’s not that he [Overeem] is bad. He is an excellent fighter and he has great accomplishments in his career. You see [Chael] Sonnen making controversial statements as well but I’m not saying anything bad about him.

“Have you see Sonnen? He is an excellent athlete… but he is better as a commentator.”

...and when AO whines about Dos Santos ducking, is anyone going to remember that he suddenly wasn't interested in facing Fedor once Werdum tapped Emelianenko?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Nicely done....you're on fire today.

I'm personally still interested in that fight. It would be nice to see if JDS could contend with someone who, in theory, is better at striking than he is (Hunt could have also been said to be better in theory but I'd contend that he has simply depended on his chin and massive power to bail him out over the years).
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

JDS doesnt want fights where he has nothing to gain and everything to lose..
    cant fault the guy he is protecting his brand.

H
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

simplejack, i think you're underrating mark hunt's stand up.

he doesn't just rely on his power. he has great technique and fundamentals due to his years of k1 fighting.

he keeps his hands high, turns his hips into his punches and kicks. his leg kicks are nasty when he actually uses them.

dude had a great chin and power, but that alone hasn't gotten him as far as it has. mr. hunto is an elite striker hw.
    lemme touch your feet

6. Default

Having more than one fight after losing the title would be nice too. Specially when he didn't get off much offense in it. AO in the past was blessed with missing dangerous fights ending up with much easier fights to win titles. Now with the UFC he can't run and hide in any other fight to avoid any body so a fight with JDS would prove him worthy or not. I consider Big Foot a hit and miss winner even though I enjoyed him beating AO I don't hold the win that high as rankings go.

Quote Originally Posted by deeznizzies View Post
    simplejack, i think you're underrating mark hunt's stand up.

he doesn't just rely on his power. he has great technique and fundamentals due to his years of k1 fighting.

he keeps his hands high, turns his hips into his punches and kicks. his leg kicks are nasty when he actually uses them.

dude had a great chin and power, but that alone hasn't gotten him as far as it has. mr. hunto is an elite striker hw.
    I like his technique when he uses it but he walks head-on into other fighters' offense with hopes of landing a left-hook, straight-right, leg-kick combo EVERY TIME.

At least Reem covers up and then throws two punches, attempts a knee to the body then wraps up....
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Hunt's biggest fault is his cardio. As for JSD vs Overeem, it doesn't make much sense right now. I don't know why he would be interested in that fight at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I'd argue that his CARDIO is NOT his biggest drawback...

Nor is it a lack of technique.

I think the simple fact of the matter is Hunt is fighting guys who are WAY bigger than he is.
    And yes... I know Hunt weighs in quite heavy... but being heavy, and being BIG are two different things.

Hunt is short. That is a HUGE factor for a striker.
    Hunt is fat.
    That is a huge factor that places him in a weight class where he is fighting guys who aren't fat... but are rather just much, much bigger than he is.

Just my two cents.

Thread Information