+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Machida Wants Title Shot With Win Over Phil Davis

Default Machida Wants Title Shot With Win Over Phil Davis

Machida Wants Title Shot With Win Over Phil Davis MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights

Image Courtesy: MMAFighting.com

“I think with this next victory that I’ll have, I will be the next contender, for sure. I have some keys on how to win Jon Jones. I was very close [to] the victory against Jones. Maybe if somebody gives me a rematch, I can get that.”

In a recent interview with sherdog.com, former UFC light-heavyweight champion revealed that he believes a win over Phil Davis at UFC 163 will get him a rematch with Jon Jones for the UFC strap.
    - See more at: Machida Wants Title Shot With Win Over Phil Davis MMA News | Mixed Martial Arts | UFC News | BJPenn | MMA Fight | UFC Fights
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I'll admit I've only seen the fight once,but I don't recall Machida being very close to victory.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    I'll admit I've only seen the fight once,but I don't recall Machida being very close to victory.
    In round 1, Machida had Jones visibly frustrated due to beating Jones to the punch and landing more flushly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    In round 1, Machida had Jones visibly frustrated due to beating Jones to the punch and landing more flushly.
    I don't think he had Jones that frustrated. Jones has been destroying everyone, Machida was doing ok in the first and Jones was having a bit of trouble finding his range, but I don't think he was even close to giving Jones problems.

Big deal, Machida landed a few punches, if that was any other fighter, no one would have said that Machida was close to victory, it is just being blown out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    I don't think he had Jones that frustrated. Jones has been destroying everyone, Machida was doing ok in the first and Jones was having a bit of trouble finding his range, but I don't think he was even close to giving Jones problems.

Big deal, Machida landed a few punches, if that was any other fighter, no one would have said that Machida was close to victory, it is just being blown out of proportion.
    Who has done a better job against Jones?
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Who has done a better job against Jones?
    Belfort almost tapped Jones out.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Striking-wise.... noone.

Belfort took Jones' strikes with flatfooted movement after that armbar attempt.

I don't particularly care for either of these guys but if Machida wins he deserves another shot.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Against PHIL DAVIS? No...just no.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

It's three straight wins against top 10 competition since his failed attempt at the Jones' title if Lyoto beats Davis. Machida has already won a title eliminator that Zuffa was betting he wouldn't win. Dana went back on his words stated before the fight and said it was only Hendo who would have got the title shot had he won.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 06-28-2013 at 10:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information