Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Machida Wants Title Shot With Win Over Phil Davis

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    I believe Dana is trying to screw Machida over for not fighting Jones when he wanted him to.
    Pretty much. Had Machida accepted the fight, Jones would have fought Machida rather than Sonnen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    You are absolutely correct in that regard. Bonnar was the one who did the best against Jones. But I would also happen to agree with RD. Jones is no longer the same fighter. The cascade of money has changed his training in turn his physical condition.

I still think that it is Machida who has done best against Jones in the striking department during his title reign, while Shogundid the best overall. Rashad was far too timid against Jones. I really was disappointed, as I was looking forward to that fight for such a long time.

I'm a tad confused, are you saying Shogun did the best overall against Jones? My memory is telling me that was the worst beatdown Jones has put on anyone so far, Sonnen perhaps but he manhandled Shogun. So I'm wondering if I have misunderstood.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    I'm a tad confused, are you saying Shogun did the best overall against Jones? My memory is telling me that was the worst beatdown Jones has put on anyone so far, Sonnen perhaps but he manhandled Shogun. So I'm wondering if I have misunderstood.
    Shogun was definitely one of jones' worse beat downs. He had a horrible game plan going into the fight. You can't put yourself into those sketchy situations against jones, going for flashy moves was a huge mistake. Losing position should be the last thing you want to do against gnp like his. Shogun needed to be more technical and less brawly like he was in the first machida fight.

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    I meant to put Belfort in place of Shogun. I must have highlighted and erased a segment leaving Shogun behind. I was discussing Jones' title defenses but felt the commentary unnecessary and deleted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    I meant to put Belfort in place of Shogun. I must have highlighted and erased a segment leaving Shogun behind. I was discussing Jones' title defenses but felt the commentary unnecessary and deleted it.
    Ah ok, thanks hahaha. Makes sense totally to me now.

As for Machida getting a title shot with a win over Davis is dubious at best, he's 3-3 lately and his best win has been over Hendo I think. A win here will put him on 3 fight winning streak. A rematch with Evans would be nice someday too.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Thread Information