+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Machida Wants Title Shot With Win Over Phil Davis

None of this equates to very close to victory,for me.I would,however,like to see what he'd do differently.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Who has done a better job against Jones?
    Bonnar hands down. People forget the Bonnar fight but he actually had Jones in real trouble in the 3rd round. If that was a five round fight there is a real good chance Bonnar would have pulled it off because Jones was dead on his feet in the 3rd. Everyone the next day started to question Jones' cardio.

But I have no interest in seeing Machida v. Jones again. Because it will be the same fight every single time. Machida has to fight perfect to beat Jones for 5 rounds. All Jones has to do is put Machida on his back once and it is over. Sure Machida might win 1 or even 2 rounds. But then Jones will take him down, beat him up and submit him or the ref will pull him off. Repeat 100 times if they fight 100 times. Machida just has a shitty style when it comes to Jones.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Bonnar hands down. People forget the Bonnar fight but he actually had Jones in real trouble in the 3rd round. If that was a five round fight there is a real good chance Bonnar would have pulled it off because Jones was dead on his feet in the 3rd. Everyone the next day started to question Jones' cardio.

But I have no interest in seeing Machida v. Jones again. Because it will be the same fight every single time. Machida has to fight perfect to beat Jones for 5 rounds. All Jones has to do is put Machida on his back once and it is over. Sure Machida might win 1 or even 2 rounds. But then Jones will take him down, beat him up and submit him or the ref will pull him off. Repeat 100 times if they fight 100 times. Machida just has a shitty style when it comes to Jones.
    Did you seriously just throw fighter evolution out the window? Of all the eligible fighters right now in the lhw division which fighter offers the greatest threat to Jones?
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

5. Default

does a win over Davis earn a title shot no, but he was promised one. I'm for fresh talent getting the shots when the last fight wasn't much of a fight.

He won the first round on points and because Jones respected Machida while he was feeling him out and figuring out what he needed to while Machida was on the offensive. Once he did, Machida was dead on the feet.

But hey, I'm all for a rematch. I would love to see Jones have the opportunity to beat Machida for the second time as I would like to see what Machida would try to do differently.

If Jones destroys Machida a second time comparable to the first, I wonder where Machida will go from there. He has the style and abilities to stop up and comers. He will be like Shang Tsung to Shao Kahn.
    Last edited by m1ckeykn0x; 06-29-2013 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    You are absolutely correct in that regard. Bonnar was the one who did the best against Jones. But I would also happen to agree with RD. Jones is no longer the same fighter. The cascade of money has changed his training in turn his physical condition.

I still think that it is Machida who has done best against Jones in the striking department during his title reign, while Shogundid the best overall. Rashad was far too timid against Jones. I really was disappointed, as I was looking forward to that fight for such a long time.

I believe Dana is trying to screw Machida over for not fighting Jones when he wanted him to.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Machida without a doubt has the skills to beat Jones. That's a rematch I would live to see. I don't think Jones will catch him with a submission again nor will he be able to take him down and if he does he won't be able to keep him there which should make for an interesting stand up battle.

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    I don't think he had Jones that frustrated. Jones has been destroying everyone, Machida was doing ok in the first and Jones was having a bit of trouble finding his range, but I don't think he was even close to giving Jones problems.

Big deal, Machida landed a few punches, if that was any other fighter, no one would have said that Machida was close to victory, it is just being blown out of proportion.
    Completely agree.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information