Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC's Schaub on Mitrione Twitter beef: 'I don't need any more fuel for the fire'

1. Default UFC's Schaub on Mitrione Twitter beef: 'I don't need any more fuel for the fire'

UFC's Schaub on Mitrione Twitter beef: 'I don't need any more fuel for the fire'

The two recently got in a round of sparring on Twitter, with Mitrione making fun of Schaub's recent appearances in grappling and MMA, and Schaub bringing Mitrione's wife into the mix.

"@BrendanSchaub looks like Adam Sandler f---ed Corky from 'Life Goes On,' Mitrione wrote.

"I might look like adam Sandler/corkey mix your wife when we did appearances together sure seemed to like it," Schaub fired back. "How's that going by the way?"

The heavyweights will answer for their words next month on the FX-televised preliminary card of UFC on FOX 8, which takes place July 27 at KeyArena in Seattle.

Mitrione got the ball rolling on Monday with a playful jab about his former teammate's chin. He then took aim at Schaub's recent appearance at the grappling competition Metamoris, which ended in a dreary decision loss to Roberto "Cyborg" Abreu, and his grinding win over Lavar Johnson at UFC 157.

"Planned parenthood should stop giving out birth control & start giving out copies of @BrendanSchaub 's 15 min. dry humping of Lavar Johnson," Mitrione wrote.

"Someone asked me if @BrendanSchaub is married. Seriously? I saw his Jiu Jitsu match. How you gonna get married when you refuse to engage?" he continued.
    Schaub today told MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps) that things started getting tense between the two when Mitrione attended his recent appearance at Metamoris.

"I don't know what's going on," Schaub said. "He came to my match, and it was a little bit weird. Yesterday, my buddy told me he was talking trash. So I got on there and there was some bulls--t, so I called him out, and we just took it from there.

"I think he's upset because I crossed the line or something like that. He's making fun of the way I look, and I said, 'You're wife doesn't seem to mind.' So I think he's upset with it."

Indeed, Mitrione seemed to take offense at the escalation.

"Nothing and I mean nothing pisses me of more than someone I considered a friend doing me dirty. I Gotchu @BrendanSchaub #BenedictArnold," he wrote.

While Mitrione might have gotten a boost from the exchange, the skirmish isn't providing any more motivation for Schaub, who recently snapped a two-fight skid with a decision win over Lavar Johnson at UFC 157.

"I don't need any more fuel for the fire," he said. "I've got work to do. Matt and his boy (former UFC heavyweight Sean) McCorkle sit around and come up with stuff to talk s--t about. I'm training for Matt. He's just another opponent. I'm going to kill this dude."

Mitrione, who was unreachable for comment, doesn't sound convinced.

"Don't count on seeing @BrendanSchaub on the Maury Povich show anytime soon. Cuz after we fight next month, he'll know exactly who his dad is," he wrote.
    I know the two were good buddies before the fight, and I feel like they were trying to build up hype with this trash talk. However, it seems like they might be taking things a little too far. Talking about Shaub's lack of a chin (despite being true) and Mitrione's wife... I think this faux feud might get interesting.
    ------------------

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn. That's some good shit talking.
    I'm stoked.
    WAR MEATHEAD!!!
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Meh, Schuab and Meathead are selling you wolf tickets if you believe they are really beefing.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

They might be now. Meathead was clearly being light hearted in his original trash talk (e.g. jokes about the Johnson fight). But I'm not sure the reaction to the comment about his wife is fake. Schaub may just suck at talking trash and inadvertently crossed that line.

5. Default

schaub has never been a smooth win people over talker. Always seemed to be a smuck to me, and it seems true with the wife comment.

"Someone asked me if @BrendanSchaub is married. Seriously? I saw his Jiu Jitsu match. How you gonna get married when you refuse to engage?" he continued.
    Ha!
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

"I think he's upset because I crossed the line or something like that. He's making fun of the way I look, and I said, 'You're wife doesn't seem to mind.' So I think he's upset with it."
    I am not the type of person who takes well to anyone cracking jokes about wife or mother, but that type of rib really isn't that bad. I don't see that as really stepping over the line as he didn't get carried away and turn it into something sexual.

And with Mitrione's humour I don't see that actually bothering him.

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

They're just two buddies talking shit to each other before they get in the cage with each other.

Mitrione makes me laugh. He knows how to crack on someone.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Meh, Schuab and Meathead are selling you wolf tickets if you believe they are really beefing.
    NOT The dreaded WOLF TICKETS.
    Nooooooooooooooo!!!
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Thread Information