Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESPY Awards 2013: Nominations for 'Best Fighter' include UFC champions Jones & Silva

Default ESPY Awards 2013: Nominations for 'Best Fighter' include UFC champions Jones & Silva

ESPY Awards 2013: Nominations for 'Best Fighter' include UFC champions Jon Jones and Anderson Silva - MMAmania.com

It's not quite going toe-to-toe inside the Octagon, but Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva will compete against Light Heavyweight kingpin Jon Jones for title of "Best Fighter" at this year's ESPY Awards, which is presented by the self-proclaimed World Wide Leader in Sports, ESPN.

Naturally, the dynamic mixed martial arts (MMA) duo are up against stiff, high-level combat sports competition, considering no one in their sport has yet to bring home the award.

Indeed, prized pugilists Floyd Mayweather Jr. (four-time winner), Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and Danny Garcia are also nominated for the coveted award in a category that has been swept by professional boxers since its name change from "Best Boxer" in 2007.

The nomination is the third straight for "Bones" and will mark No. 3 for "The Spide," who garnered consideration in 2009 and 2012.

The 2013 ESPY Awards, which take place on July 17, 2013, will be hosted by actor Jon Hamm.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Nick Diaz is being snubbed again?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Mayweather is gonna fuckin win. Again
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Mayweather is gonna fuckin win. Again
    But really compare him to Jones and Silva. Jones has been beatning up MWs and Silva has fought two guys one with 12 loses and the other with 8.

Really the fighter of the year should be Bendo or Cain.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

I think Bendo should get it. But the man couldn't finish a sandwich, and that hurts him. Still, it would be nice to see one of our guys get it

I think Bendo should get it. But the man couldn't finish a sandwich, and that hurts him. Still, it would be nice to see one of our guys get it
    True it does hurt him but the same could be said for Mayweather. What helps Mayweather is the guys he is beating only have 1 or 2 loses max on their records.

I would lean towards Cain only because he went into a fight with a guy who KO'd him in 64 seconds and gave him one of the worse beatings in MMA history.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Blasians? Damn, Kevo.

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    True it does hurt him but the same could be said for Mayweather. What helps Mayweather is the guys he is beating only have 1 or 2 loses max on their records.

I would lean towards Cain only because he went into a fight with a guy who KO'd him in 64 seconds and gave him one of the worse beatings in MMA history.
    Fuck Floyd Mayweather.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Blasians? Damn, Kevo.
    I have nothing against those people

Giorgio Petrosyan should have at least been nominated.
    ďI just want to be known as the greatest everÖis that too much to ask?Ē

B.J Penn

https://www.facebook.com/roy.billington1
    https://twitter.com/RoyBillington

Thread Information