Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gracie: Anderson Silva 'not a humble guy'

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    I bet you hated Prince Naseem

I don't like that kind of behavior, but that isn't my point. I wasn't insulting the behavior. I was saying that it isn't humble. My problem is when guys want to be known as humble, but then they do incredibly cocky things. Ali, Silva, Bones, all insanely talented, but all are as far from humble as can be.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

I laugh at people when people say that Anderson is trying to be humble when he bows.

Why?

Silva shows respect to the sport and his fans by bowing inside the ring. He then proceeds to show respect for the opponent after the fight is over. Since the fans criticized his actions he ended up changing them, which is a shame that he allowed people to change him. People can find criticisms of anyone in this world. The saddest people are the ones who voice them.

Silva is enjoying life while doing something he loves. Many people wish they could say the same.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    They aren't humble! Look up the definition of humble. Ali was great, and pretty funny, but humble he was not. He is pretty much the poster boy for cockiness.
    I think you are agreeing with his quote. He is saying they weren't humble, but they were the best.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    I think you are agreeing with his quote. He is saying they weren't humble, but they were the best.
    You would be correct, sir. My apologies, Mr. Dawg.

Snigs, I do have a problem with flipping the switch on being respectful. Defeat your opponent, and if you are that much better than them then destroy them, but don't act like you have deep respect for them right after you got done toying with them. If you are gonna dance around, act like you are gonna help them up after you knocked them down, and drop your hands then fine. You have proven that you are a badass and that they aren't in your league, but you have also proven that you think they are a joke and that you don't respect them.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Don't care about humbleness. If a fighter didn't think they were better then the opponent they wouldn't step up. Period. I don't expect Anderson to be humble, and I don't care if he disrespects them in the ring, in fact that is exactly where he should do it, in the fight... When they have a say in the matter. He can get in the ring and dance like a clown for ten minutes, if the other guy hasn't the ability to stop it... Then fuck him. He deserves to be clowned. I do prefer a show of sportsmanship after the fight, because after the victory the point has been made the ill will should be put to bed. An example would be broner jesting he took maliganatti's belt and girl... That's just uncalled for, you neednot kickbhim when he's down and in my opinion that just makes you look bad. Clown him in the ring, and after you win shake his hand, thank him for the fight and go to your locker room.

I also don't watch the preflight hype stuff, I don't watch fighter interviews. I dont are about that stuff. I judge the fighter from walk down to final interview in the octagon. I've seen fighters win respect with losses and lose it with victories... But all the shit before hand, all the twitter beef, an all the talk... That's just selling tickets. That's not real. I don't want to be sold on a personality... I want to be sold a fight, I know who I can expect to bring a fight... And I learned it by watching them fight, not talk about it.

Why pretend like you respect someone that you obviously don't? I don't try to embarrass anyone if I can destroy them at something (wrestling, poker, and some video games are pretty much the only things that I have ever been able to destroy anyone at), but if I did, I would feel really weird trying to pretend like I respect them after. Win as quickly and efficiently as you can, shake their hand, and move on. There is never any need to kiss their ass right after you kicked it. They know they got beat bad, so just leave it alone. Taunting only makes your post match praise look more fake. If something was really close or something then yeah throw in a "good match" or something, but saying how tough your opponent is right after you danced around him while beating the piss out of him is just annoying. Come on guys, be honest, who here doesn't laugh a little when GSP talks about how (insert random guy that he just absolutely dominated here) was the toughest fight of his career?
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Why pretend like you respect someone that you obviously don't? I don't try to embarrass anyone if I can destroy them at something (wrestling, poker, and some video games are pretty much the only things that I have ever been able to destroy anyone at), but if I did, I would feel really weird trying to pretend like I respect them after. Win as quickly and efficiently as you can, shake their hand, and move on. There is never any need to kiss their ass right after you kicked it. They know they got beat bad, so just leave it alone. Taunting only makes your post match praise look more fake. If something was really close or something then yeah throw in a "good match" or something, but saying how tough your opponent is right after you danced around him while beating the piss out of him is just annoying. Come on guys, be honest, who here doesn't laugh a little when GSP talks about how (insert random guy that he just absolutely dominated here) was the toughest fight of his career?
    I don't think they should kiss the guys ass, but after they beat them soundly, shake their hand, thank them for the fight and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by rspier View Post
    I don't think they should kiss the guys ass, but after they beat them soundly, shake their hand, thank them for the fight and move on.
    I agree
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

You would be correct, sir. My apologies, Mr. Dawg.

Snigs, I do have a problem with flipping the switch on being respectful. Defeat your opponent, and if you are that much better than them then destroy them, but don't act like you have deep respect for them right after you got done toying with them. If you are gonna dance around, act like you are gonna help them up after you knocked them down, and drop your hands then fine. You have proven that you are a badass and that they aren't in your league, but you have also proven that you think they are a joke and that you don't respect them.
    I can think someone is below me skill wise, but respect them for trying... Or respect their drive, or just simply their ability to take an ass whoopin' if they last all fight.

Thread Information