+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gracie: Anderson Silva 'not a humble guy'

Eating rice and walking barefoot gets really old after awhile. When your good, you know it,and its hard not to be confident and cocky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by rspier View Post
    I can think someone is below me skill wise, but respect them for trying... Or respect their drive, or just simply their ability to take an ass whoopin' if they last all fight.
    But would you showboat while beating them if you really respected them? Especially when the stakes are so high? To me, it takes a special kind of disrespect and cockiness to be flashy and what not when you have so very much to lose. There is nothing wrong with it, but it certainly shows that you don't respect the other guy, and actions speak louder than words. There are exceptions though such as respecting Roy Nelson's ability to take a trillion power punches.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

yeah...this is coming from Renzo. Not a humble guy, that Renzo. Wasn't he the ahole who tweeted some bullshit about a staged mugging where he hurt his hands beating some alleged mooks up?

And he's talking shit about anyone else on the planet?

Anderson isn't humble.
    Neither js that Justin Beeber kid.

At least Anderson has some discernible talent.

Celebrity breeds hubris.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    But would you showboat while beating them if you really respected them? Especially when the stakes are so high? To me, it takes a special kind of disrespect and cockiness to be flashy and what not when you have so very much to lose. There is nothing wrong with it, but it certainly shows that you don't respect the other guy, and actions speak louder than words. There are exceptions though such as respecting Roy Nelson's ability to take a trillion power punches.
    Well to be honest, I'm pretty par at most competitive things... So I don't know it's like... But I feel like you could respect them, but still think you're light years ahead of them skill wise? I tattoo for a living, and while its not competitive in that nature I'm pretty good at it, most guys in the field are sub par. Some of those guys are decent tattooers but lousy drawers. So I respect their right to tattoo as a career, and even respect aspects of their work... But over all,its not good... so in a competition I'd blow them out of the water... So I'd probably take it a little lighter because of the confidence I have in myself and a reflection of disrespect for my opponent...
    But I see where you're coming from, an there is a difference from being confident and being cocky. Anderson is definitely a cocky fella. I might be way off base. Lol I haven't had coffee. Why am I still typing?
    Last edited by rspier; 06-29-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Don't tell me you call this fighting UFC fighting. MMA the art of it has respect and self respect. The western influence has taken out of the art for entertainment purposes.
    Nope. I call it mma. I don't like the disrespectful pre hype fight stuff, but I don't mind showboating in the ring where there is danger to it. But that's why I don't watch the prefight build up. I know the fights on the up coming card, but I haven't watched any of the press stuff, because that's the sports entertainment side. Look, it's hard to be truely humble when you're the best in the world. You don't think Anderson knows he's effing amazing? The best you can hope for is for him to act humble. This is entertainment. These men fight for money and fame. I'm sure they love the spirit of competition... But it's not all about hint and respect anymore. That's just the reality of the situation. I want them to be polite and gracious after a lose or victory. But I don't care if they are actually humble or not. I don't expect them to be. I also think that showboating in the ring, taunting... Is part of the mind game.
    Last edited by rspier; 06-29-2013 at 04:11 PM.

It isn't that I particularly disagree with what he's saying, but coming from Renzo, it's the whole pot calling the kettle black situation.

"To be truly walking on the warrior's path, we have to bring our minds back to the time when we were not ashamed of our dreams; when reality had not yet frustrated our ambitions; when our desire was still too strong to be repressed, and our spirit refused to surrender in resignation; when we were not yet doctors, businessmen, or lawyers, but still wanted to be heroes, leaders, bodhisattvas. The first step on the way to being warriors is to get back in touch with our dreams."

Well, I know (pretty much for a fact) that all that "bowing and shit" is nonsense because he cheats on his wife so what humbleness? lol

Quote Originally Posted by rspier View Post
    I tattoo for a living, and while its not competitive in that nature I'm pretty good at it, most guys in the field are sub par. Some of those guys are decent tattooers but lousy drawers. So I respect their right to tattoo as a career, and even respect aspects of their work... But over all,its not good... so in a competition I'd blow them out of the water... So I'd probably take it a little lighter because of the confidence I have in myself and a reflection of disrespect for my opponent...
    tattooing isn't competitive in an organized way, but it is one of the most fundamentally catty, gossip-py, stab-another-guy-in-the-back industries I've ever come across.

In that manner, it's incredibly competitive.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside View Post
    Well, I know (pretty much for a fact) that all that "bowing and shit" is nonsense because he cheats on his wife so what humbleness? lol
    What does showing respect for another fighter by bowing have to do with his personal life? I don't get it and seriously I doubt anyone really cares whom he is sleeping with or cheating on.

I'm filing this one under the fighter gossip section for Wendy Williams.
    Last edited by roaddawg; 06-29-2013 at 07:10 PM.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information