+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Gracie: Anderson Silva 'not a humble guy'

Quote Originally Posted by MirJitsu View Post
    It isn't that I particularly disagree with what he's saying, but coming from Renzo, it's the whole pot calling the kettle black situation.

What Anderson does during a fight is no where near what Renzo has done in the above gif. This is probably the most disrespectful behavior any mma fighter has done during a fight. I have not seen this fight, for anyone that has seen it, please explain why he would spit on his opponent.

And the end of the day, Renzo is only making this comment as an extension of GSP and Anderson's slight barbs to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by fishy View Post
    What Anderson does during a fight is no where near what Renzo has done in the above gif. This is probably the most disrespectful behavior any mma fighter has done during a fight. I have not seen this fight, for anyone that has seen it, please explain why he would spit on his opponent.
    That video alone is enough to discredit anything Renzo has to say about being humble. Talking about the pot calling the kettle black...
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

That cross the humble line and the cocky line and the jerk line and the D-bag line and ends up somewhere in bastard county, population Bisping.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!

It is quite clear to me that Silva has zero respect for his opponents in the ring.......his behavior during the fight clearly has shown that on numerous occasions. It's all mind games, because the instant the fight is over, he goes over to his opponent and does show respect.

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    It is quite clear to me that Silva has zero respect for his opponents in the ring.......his behavior during the fight clearly has shown that on numerous occasions. It's all mind games, because the instant the fight is over, he goes over to his opponent and does show respect.
    Is Capoeria a disrespectful art form?
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Is Aikido?
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Is Capoeria a disrespectful art form?
    Either you can't tell the difference between what was going on in the Maia fight and capoeira, or you've convinced yourself that Anderson wasn't deliberately being an asshole with all evidence pointing to the contrary.

Either way, it's laughable every time you try to rewrite history and pretend that was capoeira.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

I have no issue with being cocky in the middle of a sport as long as you are humble before and after.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information