+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dave Herman licensed to fight at UFC 162 on one condition

Default Dave Herman licensed to fight at UFC 162 on one condition

Dave Herman licensed to fight at UFC 162 on one condition - Five Ounces of Pain | RM Sports

Heavyweight Dave Herman knows he has to beat Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC 162 in order to continue calling the Octagon his professional home. Not only is the 28-year old on a three-fight losing streak with finishes in each defeat, but Herman is also coming off two failed drug screenings and a suspension for marijuana use. However, Herman may not even have a chance to compete on July 6 unless he can show his system is currently clear of banned substances.

According to a report from MMAFighting, Herman faced the Nevada Athletic Commission earlier today, declaring he’d completed the terms of his suspension and could pass any test sent his way. Apparently his suggestion sounded good to the NAC, and he was granted a license to fight Gonzaga so long as he returned a negative result before the rumble.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Any update on if he passed or not?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Hope he passed. This will be a fun fight.

I forgot he lost three in a row. And didn't Dana have a big issue with him after one of the weigh ins? How is he still around?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

5. Default

The UFC needs a fighter, and would assume he could be gone even with a win if the need is gone.

I forgot he lost three in a row. And didn't Dana have a big issue with him after one of the weigh ins? How is he still around?

Like a Hardy or Garcia... not saying I agree with it but the guy is talented and he throws caution out the window when he fights to put on a show for the fans..I blame his 3 losses in a row via finish on that anyways and do feel he looked like shit vs Nog..But a couple things could have factored into that performance as well.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

clean or not he will get finished again and this time he will be cut. Not everybody is as lucky as Leonard Garcia that can lose 800 fights in a row and still be in the roster.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    Like a Hardy or Garcia... not saying I agree with it but the guy is talented and he throws caution out the window when he fights to put on a show for the fans..I blame his 3 losses in a row via finish on that anyways and do feel he looked like shit vs Nog..But a couple things could have factored into that performance as well.
    Agreed that he looked poor against Nog. And I'm not complaining; I'd love to see Peewee do something big with his opportunity here. I'm just surprised given DW's tendencies.

That said, I do thing GG is a winnable fight for him. The Rothwell fight wasn't super impressive given Ben's odd behavior. And if GG fights like that, I think Peewee can use his reach and his wrestling skills to keep this standing. That said, I'm still waiting for him to actually use a gameplan and not just goof around
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Any other weight class he is gone. Just not enough viable heavyweights out there and alot of the fans like to see the hw fights. Only reason he is still there on my opinion.

I don't like him at all. Besides he's been finished three times in a row and failed two drug tests. Time for him to ship off to the minors. Also, I thought Leonard finally got cut??

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information