Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Rousey: I would love to beat the sh*t out of Caraway, but apparently its not legal

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    I love the idea of her grappling him at one of the BJJ tourneys.. would prove the same point cuz he couldn't knock her out

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Kelowna, BC
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Rousey by 1st round armbar. Crazy submissions make up for a lot of strength. Penn choked out Hughes and almost did it again in the second fight even though he was much weaker. The Gracies, Sakuraba, Maia, Big Nog all made a career of submitting much more physically imposing fighter. There's no reason to think Rousey couldn't tap out a middle of the pack fighter who weighs the same.

    Even Eddie Bravo said he can't stop her when she gets in the spider web position.

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker50 View Post
    Even Eddie Bravo said he can't stop her when she gets in the spider web position.
    I don't think she uses the spider web position, but if she does lock up an arm it is pretty hard to stop her from ripping it apart.



  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    I'm dumb?

    Click your link.
    The man speaks the truth! We have a tennis article

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Alternate Universe
    Posts
    2,075

    Default

    I like her less with every interview. She and JDS seem to be having a contest to determine who can lose all their good will the fastest.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Kelowna, BC
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    I don't think she uses the spider web position, but if she does lock up an arm it is pretty hard to stop her from ripping it apart.
    You should watch closer. She loves to hook one arm under the leg when she first grabs the arm and while she's finding to best way to break the grip.

  7. #17
    dimerules28 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orion_damage View Post
    The man speaks the truth! We have a tennis article
    In the article Serena Williams, the number 1 womens tennis player on the planet, says that she would have a hard time scoring a point against the best men in the world. She, Serena Williams, a freak athlete head and toes above the other women tennis players, said this. Later in the article it goes on to say that they would prolly have to find a man ranked around 300 so that it would be an even match. Now youre prolly thinking well this is tennis, not mma. I agree, but please name another major sport where the best women can compete woth the best men, not even beat, just compete. Yet somehow mma is different im sure

    Btw anybody watch that video of ronda boxing with the dude thats a world champ at 135 pounds in boxing... But yeah she would fuck dudes up.

  8. #18

    Default

    I think this thread is missing the fact that Caraway is a very mediocre fighter.

    I'd definitely pick Rousey to win in pure grappling. In pure MMA I think she still has a very good chance, my biggest concern would be her eating a powerful punch when crossing the distance. But it's not like Caraway is a powerhouse at 135.

  9. #19
    dimerules28 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I think this thread is missing the fact that Caraway is a very mediocre fighter.

    I'd definitely pick Rousey to win in pure grappling. In pure MMA I think she still has a very good chance, my biggest concern would be her eating a powerful punch when crossing the distance. But it's not like Caraway is a powerhouse at 135.
    Compared to men Ronda is also a very mediocre fighter. Oh and someone who fights in the ufc and has won fights is definetly not a mediocre fighter, hes one of the top fighters in the world in his weight class, even if hes ranked no. 40 thats still nowhere near mediocre. Like i said name another major sport guys... Just one.

  10. #20
    dimerules28 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker50 View Post
    Rousey by 1st round armbar. Crazy submissions make up for a lot of strength. Penn choked out Hughes and almost did it again in the second fight even though he was much weaker. The Gracies, Sakuraba, Maia, Big Nog all made a career of submitting much more physically imposing fighter. There's no reason to think Rousey couldn't tap out a middle of the pack fighter who weighs the same.

    Even Eddie Bravo said he can't stop her when she gets in the spider web position.
    Wow. Thats... Wow

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •