Thread: UFC announces The Ultimate Fighter: China, tryouts open for FW, LW & WW

Default UFC announces The Ultimate Fighter: China, tryouts open for FW, LW & WW

UFC announces The Ultimate Fighter: China, tryouts open for Featherweights, Lightweights and Welterweights - Bloody Elbow

The UFC has been dying to break into that widely untapped market in China, and today they took a step closer to their goal. Zuffa has officially announced today that The Ultimate Fighter: China will indeed be happening, with registration and tryouts to be held in the coming months.

According to the Chinese announcement, this edition of TUF will be broadcast on LiaoNing TV, and tryouts will be open for professional featherweight, lightweight, and welterweight fighters of Chinese descent, who can speak the language.

Tryouts won't just happen in mainland China, and it will instead be held on different countries to get most of the talent available. These multiple tryouts will happen on July 21 at the Metropark Lido Hotel in Beijing, July 25 at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel in Singapore, and on August 3 at the Venetian Hotel in Macau.

As with most editions of the reality show, 16 fighters will be selected for the Ultimate Fighter house for a chance to win a two-year 6-figure deal with the UFC. The season will have 12 episodes, with filming lasting around 6 weeks. The TUF: China Finale will be held at the Venetian Hotel in Macau, and like other international editions of TUF, this will be broadcasted live globally.

Possible coaches for this iteration of the long running MMA reality show haven't been announced yet, but they did mention established UFC stars to be placed among the coaching staff. If they do decide to pick Chinese fighters as head coaches though, there won't be much to choose from as the UFC only has two, with bantamweight prospect Jumabieke Tuerxun (14-0) recently joining Zhang Tiequan on their roster.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

pretty specific criteria there. it would rule out expats competing or other asians flying in from different countries.
    lemme touch your feet

Hopefully soon they do a TUF Russia, that will be very very interesting.

As for this, I will not watch it.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

lol when I read this I thought of the WWF lady Chyna getting into MMA... I was like oo her vs Cyborg would be fun to see but questioned her weight cut...

then I read the article and figured out im dumb... is it racist to question whether or not the Chinese have a lot of KO power vs I think there would be a lot more UDs??

but on the exact opposite foot TUF: Russia would be BAD ASS!

Soon the new UFC's 85lb mens division.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    Soon the new UFC's 85lb mens division.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information