Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva gets rematch with UFC 162 loss; with win, superfight on table

From the UFC stand point, this is the no-brainer move in the case of a Silva loss.

Scenario 1: Weidman wins the first one, wins the second one. The chance of dismissal as a fluke win is eliminated, Weidman makes a name for himself as a marketable fighter for being the guy who dethroned the most dominant champion in UFC history

Scenario 2: Weidman wins the first, loses the second. The rubber match sells a card that will undoubtedly field 1 million+ PPV buys and obviously a sold out arena (probably MGM Grand).

Beyond the business aspect, I think that if there is any fighter in the world who can be preemptively granted an immediate rematch in the case of a loss, its Anderson Silva.

dimerules28 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jdwall View Post
    sorry wrong place to bring up, the homepage does be a bit sucky but I go straight to forums, just laid out like another site I frequent so I know layout bettr
    Lol at least the rep thing is gone... Got tired of sniggles (is that your gay cats name?) negging me everytime i make a comment and telling me how "all dem women would beat my ass".... Get a life politician!

Quote Originally Posted by dimerules28 View Post
    Lol at least the rep thing is gone... Got tired of sniggles (is that your gay cats name?) negging me everytime i make a comment and telling me how "all dem women would beat my ass".... Get a life politician!

4. Default

I do not have a issue with Anderson getting a rematch if he loses

I am really tired of hearing this superfight shit though...they will not happen
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    No argument from my camp if Silva were to lose in any fashion and get an immediate rematch.

If anyone were to say GSP had to have a fight or 2 so should Anderson I would suggest their nuts and to leave the forum.
    This is bullshit. When you lose the next fighter in line gets a chance. I don't care whom it is or how many title defenses they have.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    This is bullshit. When you lose the next fighter in line gets a chance. I don't care whom it is or how many title defenses they have.
    I can't say I disagree with you on that but the UFC obviously holds its title to much lower standards than you would. I would agree with an immediate rematch for Silva much more than around half the title fights they've put together lately.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

dimerules28 Guest

Aww the rep thing is still here goddamnit... Can i block ppl?? Literally once a day i get messages from sniggles negging me... You really need to get a life bud

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Wow... you've really turned a corner lately.

I am amazed. I swear that a year ago and beyond that you would have been defending Silva getting an immediate rematch no matter what the circumstances were.

Are you depressed, rd? You been feeling okay?
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

Quote Originally Posted by dimerules28 View Post
    Aww the rep thing is still here goddamnit... Can i block ppl?? Literally once a day i get messages from sniggles negging me... You really need to get a life bud
    Take shit to private messages. I negged you 4 times in the last 2 months. I hold myself back from negging you more often. They are either shit posts with little intellectual effort or they were relating to your overt misogyny towards WMMA. It's great that you don't like WMMA, you don't have to be a cunt in every thread about WMMA.

A neg is a neg. It is not a message nor it is a form of harassment. I vehemently disagreed with your shitty posts so I gave you some red squares. Stop being a crybaby bitch. I am sure I am not the only person that negs you.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 07-03-2013 at 01:48 AM.

Thread Information