+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva gets rematch with UFC 162 loss; with win, superfight on table

I would be fine with the rubber match if it is even remotely indecisive, or even if it is a UD with no serious damage done . I just see no cause to guarantee a rematch if he gets dominated for every round and then KO'd/subd. That would be utter BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Take shit to private messages. I negged you 4 times in the last 2 months. I hold myself back from negging you more often. They are either shit posts with little intellectual effort or they were relating to your overt misogyny towards WMMA. It's great that you don't like WMMA, you don't have to be a cunt in every thread about WMMA.

A neg is a neg. It is not a message nor it is a form of harassment. I vehemently disagreed with your shitty posts so I gave you some red squares. Stop being a crybaby bitch. I am sure I am not the only person that negs you.
    Ahh the politician gets called out and throws a hissy fit... Found the block button.. Bye bye bruh

Quote Originally Posted by noahm View Post
    I would be fine with the rubber match if it is even remotely indecisive, or even if it is a UD with no serious damage done . I just see no cause to guarantee a rematch if he gets dominated for every round and then KO'd/subd. That would be utter BS.
    A rubber match is the third fight between two fighters who hold a win over each other after two fights.

The reason why the UFC would give an immediate rematch to Anderson Silva no matter what is obvious. It is because of the money the fight would generate. Not because of Zuffa's respect for Anderson.

Dolla dolla bills ya'll!

Quote Originally Posted by jdwall View Post
    nice update to forums ive been gone a while
    Welcome back sir

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    Wow... you've really turned a corner lately.

I am amazed. I swear that a year ago and beyond that you would have been defending Silva getting an immediate rematch no matter what the circumstances were.

Are you depressed, rd? You been feeling okay?
    Nope I stand behind my opinions. I don't think anyone should get an instant rematch. If I was the contender behind Weidman I would be fuckin pissed. I am somewhat depressed though.

This is the year that all the champions defending their titles will taste defeat! Gentlemen fighter evolution is upon us.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    This is the year that all the champions defending their titles will taste defeat! Gentlemen fighter evolution is upon us.
    Sorry but the apocalypse was proven wrong. Hell is not freezing over!

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post

Well the 'champs' better step up their levels of competition this year then now that all the undeserving title shots are over... Well other than Tates.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 07-03-2013 at 04:35 PM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I just don't think a champion should ever get an immediate rematch, unless it's a draw, a bullshit decision, or some other extenuating circumstance. Even then I would avoid them as much as possible.

The problem for me is it's already going to be hard enough to dethrone Anderson, GSP, Aldo. Making it so that you have to beat them TWICE just seems unfair.
    Moreover, there's sure to be someone else getting passed over. Although I guess that seems to happen with EVERY title shot these days.
    As mentioned, if Silva won the second fight, there would probably be a rubber match. How long would these three fight stake? The division would be a mess.

Then again, if Weidman won and requested that his first title defense happen shortly after, he would either force Anderson to have a quick turnover, or give up his spot, which would be pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dimerules28 View Post
    Ahh the politician gets called out and throws a hissy fit... Found the block button.. Bye bye bruh
    How do you block seeing somebody's post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information