Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva: 'If I fight Jon Jones, I don't think I'm going to win'

Default Anderson Silva: 'If I fight Jon Jones, I don't think I'm going to win'

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/7/1/448...prediction-ufc
    Check out what Silva had to say earlier today (July 1, 2013) at a media luncheon in Burbank, California (via MMAFighting.com):

"If I fight Jon Jones, I don't think I'm going to win. Jon Jones is different. He's large. He's young. But, in the fight, I see in Jon Jones, I see myself from a long time ago. He's very smart. In my opinion, 'Spider' has more experience than Jon Jones, but that's the only advantage."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Jones would kick him in the knees, take him down, and elbow him in the throat just like he does to everyone else...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Even though I hate hearing him down play this fight, at least he's being honest. Unless he's lying just to get the GSP......then fuck him.

I want to see the so-called vanity fight as it has potential to be the one of the most memorable fights of an entire lifetime.

I think he's fucking with the media like he's known to do...take it with a grain of salt

6. Default

The superfights will not happen...eva

Honestly, I agree. I think Anderson has slowed down quite a bit (even if he still is at the top level). It isn't about Jon as much as it is about Anderson to be honest. A prime Anderson, despite the size difference, would slaughter Jones. It wouldn't be competitive. But the reality is, Silva loses to Jones, and probably would have for over the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramma View Post
    Honestly, I agree. I think Anderson has slowed down quite a bit (even if he still is at the top level). It isn't about Jon as much as it is about Anderson to be honest. A prime Anderson, despite the size difference, would slaughter Jones. It wouldn't be competitive. But the reality is, Silva loses to Jones, and probably would have for over the last year.
    Really? A prime Anderson got taken down by Lutter and Hendo. I think Jones would do the same and take Silva down at will if the fought in ANderson prime. The only difference is that Anderson wouldn't get back up. I just think Jones is a bad matchup for Anderson
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

Quote Originally Posted by FedortheCan View Post
    Really? A prime Anderson got taken down by Lutter and Hendo. I think Jones would do the same and take Silva down at will if the fought in ANderson prime. The only difference is that Anderson wouldn't get back up. I just think Jones is a bad matchup for Anderson
    Agreed, also people seem to forget that Jones isn't in his prime yet so it's unfair to say Anderson in his prime would kill him because we haven't seen Jones' best yet.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

Thread Information