Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva: 'If I fight Jon Jones, I don't think I'm going to win'

Silva loses this fight no matter how u put it. He gives up too much size and reach and wrestling too. It'd play out just like fe1 said. I'll be interested in a fight where Jones is fighting in his natural weight class. Beating up ppl smaller than him with dirty kicks to the knees and elbows to the throat just don't amuse me.

Silva imo wouldn't have dominated lhw like he has mw either but u can still see a big difference in talent between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramma View Post
    Honestly, I agree. I think Anderson has slowed down quite a bit (even if he still is at the top level). It isn't about Jon as much as it is about Anderson to be honest. A prime Anderson, despite the size difference, would slaughter Jones. It wouldn't be competitive. But the reality is, Silva loses to Jones, and probably would have for over the last year.
    I think that's pretty nonsensical. As others pointed out, far inferior wrestlers to Jones had little problems getting Silva down in his prime. Jones length alone is something that would give Silva problems. I'd probably take Silva over every other 205 pounder out there, but Jones is an absolute nightmare for him.

Exactly the kind of confidence you would expect from the p4p best fighter in the world. I think he's just saying this to take stock out of a fight with Jones and put more stock into a fight with GSP.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Quote Originally Posted by FedortheCan View Post
    Really? A prime Anderson got taken down by Lutter and Hendo. I think Jones would do the same and take Silva down at will if the fought in ANderson prime. The only difference is that Anderson wouldn't get back up. I just think Jones is a bad matchup for Anderson
    Jones is a bad match up for anybody outside of the HW division.

Prime Jones strugged against Bonnar and almost got submitted by Vitor so what? Anyways this isn't new news. Silva said along time ago that no Brazillian can beat Jon Jones...
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Prime Jones strugged against Bonnar and almost got submitted by Vitor so what? Anyways this isn't new news. Silva said along time ago that no Brazillian can beat Jon Jones...
    I wouldn't say prime Jones fought Bonnar...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Heart of a champion award goes to...

not Anderson Silva.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

Anderson always says he wants to fight the best. Hmm..

I never take these comments seriously; it's just too weird.

But I do agree that Jones could beat Anderson. While he doesn't have the experience, he has size, wrestling, extremely high fight IQ, and dedication. But Silva's TDD is still improving (surprisingly), his obvious striking advantage, and his clinch is nasty. Would love to see this fight!

AS/JJ is definitely a retirement fight and it most certainly will be in terms of the money AS will make.

Thread Information