Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva: 'If I fight Jon Jones, I don't think I'm going to win'

Silva does have a bit of a puncher's chance but very small. I'm not even sure if Silva could knock him out with a full force punch to the jaw, may have to get a couple in a row. A prime Silva vs. a raw Jones could probably beat him, but I don't think there is any more than a small possibility that Silva could beat him now.

Silva in his prime vs. a natural weight class Jones I'm not so sure of though. And by natural weight class I mean either Silva as his natural weight at LHW or Jones at MW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Anderson always says he wants to fight the best. Hmm..
    But he can't clone himself!
    Btw I got Silva making Jones look silly. Same ole same ole.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Prime Jones strugged against Bonnar and almost got submitted by Vitor so what? Anyways this isn't new news. Silva said along time ago that no Brazillian can beat Jon Jones...
    Prime Jones fought Bonnar??? LOL yeah ok, what # fight was that for Jones in the UFC? Since you want to compare the two based on fighters they have both fought.... lets look at Sonnen shall we. Silva has faced Sonnen for a total 7 rounds losing most of them and almost losing a fight to him. How did Jones do against Sonnen again?
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    The superfights will not happen...eva
    Male equivalent of the female cock teases. Teasing a super fight, hinting at a super fight, insinuating a super fight and on and on it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by FedortheCan View Post
    Prime Jones fought Bonnar??? LOL yeah ok, what # fight was that for Jones in the UFC? Since you want to compare the two based on fighters they have both fought.... lets look at Sonnen shall we. Silva has faced Sonnen for a total 7 rounds losing most of them and almost losing a fight to him. How did Jones do against Sonnen again?
    Well shit lets look at injuries shall we? Sonnen did well against Silva who was busted up before that fight even happened. The real fight happened in the rematch where Sonnen didn't make it out of the 2nd round much like most of Silva's victims.

If we are going to do comparisons lets keep it real. Sonnen gets about as much credit for his performance in their first fight as I gave Weidman in his fight against an injured raggedy assed Munoz.

Don't believe the hype homie.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Well shit lets look at injuries shall we? Sonnen did well against Silva who was busted up before that fight even happened. The real fight happened in the rematch where Sonnen didn't make it out of the 2nd round much like most of Silva's victims.

If we are going to do comparisons lets keep it real. Sonnen gets about as much credit for his performance in their first fight as I gave Weidman in his fight against an injured raggedy assed Munoz.

Don't believe the hype homie.
    LOL, I agree dude but do you even read you own posts RD? Im only playing that comparison game because you first brought up Bonnar. I don't like doing the comparison thing, I think its silly. Its like when the rumor of Anderson vs Fedor was floating around, people were automatically thinking Silva would win because he sub'd Hendo and Hendo KO'd Fedor.
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

Jones: I can beat Anderson Silva
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...nderson-Silva/
    Honored to hear the statements Silva made regarding a super fight me earlier today.. Doesn't change much, still working hard... I believe I am gifted and hard-working enough to pull out the victory against anyone.

I think the old man could pull it off, it be great to see this fight go 5 rounds and maybe be a split decision. This one fight I'd hate to see either one finished, I don't say that about many fights. I think both guys will fight smart, especially Jones and look to counter which could set up a very technical and potential boring match....in other words be careful what you ask for...
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    I think the old man could pull it off, it be great to see this fight go 5 rounds and maybe be a split decision. This one fight I'd hate to see either one finished, I don't say that about many fights. I think both guys will fight smart, especially Jones and look to counter which could set up a very technical and potential boring match....in other words be careful what you ask for...
    Imagine that... The super fight everyone has been asking for, Dana has been pimping the shit out of and it turns out to be a snooze fest - Ken Shamrock vs Dan Severn 2 style - leading to a split decision. People would be pissed.

Thread Information