Thread: Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman staredown pic from UFC 162 press conference

Default Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman staredown pic from UFC 162 press conference

Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 07-05-2013 at 12:19 AM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Is Weidman bigger than Silva or am I high?
    On that note here is another interview I found somewhat weird. Silva gets interviewed by Chael Sonnen on the Weidman fight plus GSP comments.

Last edited by roaddawg; 07-05-2013 at 04:17 AM.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Is Weidman bigger than Silva or am I high?
    Both.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Both.
    Ha!

And, yeh, Weidman is a huge MW. When he got a bit pudgy after surgery, he looked bigger than Chael and a few LWHs (can't remember who, just remember being surprised) on TV.

Love the staredown between Chris and Anderson. Looks pretty intense and absolutely no fear in either face.

Weidman is a HUGE middleweight. I know he's the underdog (just like everyone else who fights Silva) but I'm really reluctant to count him out.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Weidman is very talented but he's still raw on the feet. Against someone who is so oppurtunistic and makes very little mistakes, it's just hard to see him having any kind of real success on the feet. Silva is also very apt on the ground. Also, as all of us MMA fans know, a good striking game complements your grappling well. Weidman's striking just leaves him not well rounded enough to have a good chance at victory, imo.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Weidman's only chance is if Silva has slowed down and he's fast enough to catch Silva and hurt him early. He can also wrestle him for 5 rounds, but I don't think that will work against a healthy Silva who makes you work from the top and is an expert at staying safe on the bottom. Silva at his best is simply too much of a surgeon for average fighters to deal with....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Thread Information