Thread: White says Eddie Alvarez should fight for Bellator, but promotion refusing to pay him

Default White says Eddie Alvarez should fight for Bellator, but promotion refusing to pay him

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/7/2/...ntract-dispute

UFC president Dana White spoke about the situation on Monday and his advice for Alvarez was just to fight for Bellator.

Via MMA Junkie:

"He should fight for [Bellator]," White said Monday. "First of all, they have every right – he signed a contract, and they have every right to him. But at least pay the kid the money. (That's) the reason that you get that clause in your contract where you get out find out what you're worth. You get to get out there and shop around and see what Eddie Alvarez is worth. Well, Eddie Alvarez found out what he's worth, and they've refused to pay him that. It's bulls---."

wait? what is that I hear? the sound of BEING RIGHT ALL ALONG? ah to bask in such glory while some--who will remain nameless, other than the "DUMBEST POSTER ON THE FORUM", congrats on the title by the way, feel oh soo soooooo stooopid...YES! Stooopid with Os just to be, oh so, ironic...

3. Default

Agree he should fight were he can get money today if he waited it out would he be worth anything near what he was.

I think he should just troll Bellator after every win, like "Hey, this may not be the 'big leagues' but, a win is a win and money in the bank...cha-ching!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside View Post
    I think he should just troll Bellator after every win, like "Hey, this may not be the 'big leagues' but, a win is a win and money in the bank...cha-ching!"
    After the fight I would start thanking UFC's sponsors, bashing Bjorn Rebney, and dropping the F bomb on live TV.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Damn this Alvarez situation stinks like festering shit. Maybe I'm reading into this too much, but maybe what Dana's saying is that Eddie should call Bellator's bluff (if they are in fact bluffing) and agree to sign on the dotted line. It would suck bigtime to risk his dream of fighting in the UFC, but it would be $$$ in the bank. And maybe, just maybe Bellator doesn't want to pay Eddie "UFC money" if his salary won't be coming from TNA Wrestling, like Rampage and King Mo. Any chance they just cut his ass and don't pay him? Isn't that what Dana's getting at?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    After the fight I would start thanking UFC's sponsors, bashing Bjorn Rebney, and dropping the F bomb on live TV.
    Lol. That would be something. I'm sure there'd be a clause in his contract that would prevent him from talking sideways about the boss on TV. But since he's a free-agent, he needs to get his F-bombs in now because he might be going back to work for Bellator.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside View Post
    wait? what is that I hear? the sound of BEING RIGHT ALL ALONG? ah to bask in such glory while some--who will remain nameless, other than the "DUMBEST POSTER ON THE FORUM", congrats on the title by the way, feel oh soo soooooo stooopid...YES! Stooopid with Os just to be, oh so, ironic...
    Too bad the dissolution of the ego from psilocybin is only temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Too bad the dissolution of the ego from psilocybin is only temporary.
    or maybe I am being facetious. Honestly, if you can't read that in my comment if you've got some serious issues with reading comprehension--because everyone else got the gist...

P.S. ego death is psilocybin only occurs at higher dosages, with proper guidance/setup and, most importantly, proper integration
    Last edited by TheKidInside; 07-03-2013 at 10:12 AM.

Any way you look at it, Bellator comes off as a bunch of assholes holding Eddie hostage. I just don't get how they let their version of Mike Tyson go (Hector Lombard) so easily yet Alvarez who had just lost in a fight prior to Aoki they fight tooth and nail to keep. If the man doesn't want to be there then find a way to let him go in peace. It would be a shame to see Eddie decide to retire rather than fight for Bellator. I know he signed a contract, but I'm sure he never imagined this happening. And I think this is all Viacom pulling the strings, I honestly think he just decided to leave at the wrong time. Had he left around the time Hector left, he probably would have been able to make it out clean. Viacom is pushing for "Stars" trying to emulate the UFC. Thing is, Bellator is more of a "sport" organization. The only way they can push "Stars" would be to load the brackets up with sub par fighters in order to favor certain fighters.....kinda like they did for King Mo this year.....I hope bellator doesn't continue to compromise what made them special as a MMA organization. I liked the idea that these guys are super talented and hungry and would tear any former UFC fighter a new asshole if they think they can just walk through everyone in Bellator.

And also I wonder how this compares to the Randy Couture situation when he left the UFC the first time?
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

...you do know he lost to one of the biggest prospects in the sport right? He also lost in what I consider fight of the year, unfortunately held the same night as Hendo vs Shogun....and to the guy who took his gold? He also brought an unbelievable slew of fans with him to shows and is recognizable name. Lombard, not so much. And, he KTFOd "Pitbull" as his last fight...which by the way, he didn't have to take

Thread Information