Thread: UFC's Super Bowl weekend event moving to NJ

Default UFC's Super Bowl weekend event moving to NJ

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-moving-to-NJ/

Traditionally the UFC has held one of it's biggest events of the year the day before the Super Bowl in Las Vegas. For the first time ever the UFC has moved this event out of Las Vegas to Newark, NJ:

The UFC’s annual Super Bowl weekend event will not be in Las Vegas in 2014. Instead, the promotion’s tradition that started with UFC 46 in 2004 will be held at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

UFC officials confirmed the change of location to MMAWeekly.com on Friday.

The news was first announced during a video presentation at the UFC Fan Expo in Las Vegas on Friday detailing Fox Sports 1’s sports coverage the week leading up to Super Bowl XLVIII, which takes place at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., and will air on Fox.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Very interesting, and a wise move on their part to piggy-back on all the attention the Super Bowl will generate. I'm not sure which network is broadcasting the big game this year, but if it's Fox, there will be heavy co-promotion. I even wonder if the UFC would make this one a free TV card, or stick with the traditional pre-Super Bowl PPV format that we're used to.

Brilliant.

I thought for years ufc should piggyback off wherever the Super Bowl is that weekend anyways

5. 07-06-2013, 01:06 PM

Thread Information