Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Pyle vs. Matt Brown set up after Thiago Alves injury sidelines him

Default Mike Pyle vs. Matt Brown set up after Thiago Alves injury sidelines him

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/7/3/...jury-sidelines

Thiago Alves' long wait to return to the octagon will go on. The Brazilian welterweight suffered a tear of his left biceps tendon in training that has forced him out of his UFC on FOX Sports 1 matchup. In his place, Mike Pyle has stepped in to face Matt Brown.

The news was first reported by the Twitter account of FOX Sports 1.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Hrmph. I'll take brown over Pyle.

This is a good replacement. I like both of them. Should be a fun fight.

Agreed it's a good replacement but I'm bummed. Brown/Alves was an AWESOME fight.

I also wanted to see Brown win and edge himself up the ladder. I actually think Pyle is a worse matchup for him; if this wasn't short notice I'd definitely pick Pyle. I'm torn. If nothing else, I'm guessing I'll put some money down on Pyle as I'm sure he'll be an underdog here.

Brown will whoop that ass. I love the way Brown has really been messing people up with his hard knees to the body lately...then when their hands drop a bit he comes with a few vicious elbows over the top. It's not like he's never done that I just think he's better now than he's ever been. He seems stronger physically and has shown better cardio. Pyle has impressed me lately, though. He fought back against Story, Neer, and Head after a slow start...but it's going to be very tough to survive against Brown if he gets put in similar positions imo. Brown has always had a killer instinct, but now he's looking the best he's ever looked...his length, aggression, and power are alot for alot of guys to handle...I see him finishing Pyle.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

I think I'm the only one who's pulling for Pyle. I was just checking his profile on wiki and found out that his first fight was against rampage and is one of few people to submit Jon Fitch really interesting.

7. Default

Pyles no slouch but who called Alves would get injured wasn't it Kevo?

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Pyles no slouch but who called Alves would get injured wasn't it Kevo?
    Good memory. Kevo was a total douche and sad it was too good to be true :P

I've got Pyle in this one. I think he sits in the pocket and lets Brown show too much and taps him out.

I'm all for Brown on this one, I'd love to see him continue his winning streak......but, there's just something about Pyle. He's able to pull himself out of some bad situations, and lately he just always seems to find a way to win. Pyle has definitely improved as of late and this is a much more dangerous fight for Brown than I think Thiago was. He's gritty and tough just like Brown and this is gonna make for a hell of a fight. I just hope The Immortal pulls is out.

On another note, you think Thiago should hang it up? He's getting injured in training an awful lot these days.

Thread Information