Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cung Le targeted for coaching spot on "The Ultimate Fighter: China"

Default Cung Le targeted for coaching spot on "The Ultimate Fighter: China"

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...-fighter-china

The UFC plans to put Cung Le front and center for the first Chinese edition of "The Ultimate Fighter."

Sources with knowledge of the situation told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that Le, a former Strikeforce champ and current UFC middleweight, will serve as a coach on the reality show's fourth international edition, which currently is casting and is set to begin filming later this year.

On Monday, UFC President Dana White told MMAjunkie.com Le would be a good fit for "TUF: China" and said there was "a real good chance" that he would lead a squad of fighters hoping to secure a UFC contract.

UFC officials recently put out the word that the promotion is holding auditions this month for featherweight, lightweight and welterweight talent to try out for the show, which will air on the Chinese-language Liaoning TV. Auditions are being held in Beijing, Singapore and Macao.

The latter of those locations is where the Vietnam-born Le made his most recent appearance in the octagon. In the UFC's first event held in China, he knocked out ex-champ Rich Franklin in the main event of UFC on FUEL TV 6.

The former Strikeforce middleweight champion now is 2-1 in the promotion.

It is not yet known who might coach opposite Le – or if the UFC will go a different route from previous versions of the reality competition and have him as a lone figurehead-type coach for the contestants.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Sure, and have Okami coach the other team. He's not Chinese either, but fuck, Japan is close enough right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

So are they going to use translators so the coaches can talk to their team> Or does Le speak one of the Chinese languages?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Sure, and have Okami coach the other team. He's not Chinese either, but fuck, Japan is close enough right?
    To be fair. His background is Shansou kickboxing which is a traditional chinese martial art.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

I studied algebra in high school, which was invented in Iraq. But that don't make me a Muslim. But I get what you're saying, theres a loose connection there.

Doesn't he have some connection to China though, maybe early movie roles? I thought that was the whole story with him being so excited to fight Franklin in China and didn't pull out after he injured his foot.

I mean he's been to China before, that counts right?

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...t-in-singapore
    'TUF: China' debuts in November, UFC plans return to Macau, debut in Singapore

They mean acting coach, right?

It's called "TUF:China" but aren't they recruiting from all over eastern Asia?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information