+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Silva school Weidman?

Hybrid View

Default Will Silva school Weidman?

Always a very real possibility.

Weidman seems to be getting more hype than a lot of Silva's opponents, but we've also seen Silva destroy guys who were supposed to have a good chance at winning.

What do you think we'll see tomorrow night?

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    Always a very real possibility.

Weidman seems to be getting more hype than a lot of Silva's opponents, but we've also seen Silva destroy guys who were supposed to have a good chance at winning.

What do you think we'll see tomorrow night?
    If Weidman comes in super aggressive like Sonnen or swinging wildly like Griffin I anticipate him getting KTFO or TKOd. What I really think will happen is he will try to setup a takedown by faking a leading punch or something first so he can get Silva on the ground and keep him there.

This is basically one of those fights where whomever makes the first critical mistake is going to lose. I don't think either party will get dominated or schooled.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Silva will leave us all in awe as usual.

The odds are only so close because the bookies want to bait in those hearing all the Weidman hype.

I hope I eat my words but I dont think I will be.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post

The odds are only so close because the bookies want to bait in those hearing all the Weidman hype.

I feel kinda bad though. Silva is my favorite MMA fighter and you all got more faith in him winning than I do. That is a damn shame.
    Anderson Silva:

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Just because you like a fighter doesn't mean you have to look at it blindly and think there going to win when the odds are against them. Thinking a fighter must win just because you like them falls under Nut Hugger
    That is part of the problem though. I feel many here are looking at this fight blindly because of Silva's dominance. I see Silva fighting an upgraded Chael Sonnen and there is no part of that equation that spells out easy victory to me. Others here are looking at Weidman like he will be just another victim.

I haven't seen too many strikers do well when they have to worry about getting taken down and possibly smother fucked, mounted or submitted.
    Anderson Silva:

6. 07-05-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    That is part of the problem though. I feel many here are looking at this fight blindly because of Silva's dominance. I see Silva fighting an upgraded Chael Sonnen and there is no part of that equation that spells out easy victory to me. Others here are looking at Weidman like he will be just another victim.

I haven't seen too many strikers do well when they have to worry about getting taken down and possibly smother fucked, mounted or submitted.
    This is so true. Weidman has the wrestling of chael but in addition he has strong finishing ability on the ground and is nowhere near as wreck less. Make no mistake no matter who you are this is a dangerous fight. Even if you are one of the greatest mma fighters of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post

100% agree. Widman has a change to beat silva just like eveyone Silva as faught, but I think people are bying in to the UFC Hype machine on this one. simalar to when he faught cheal... and looked what happened....Twice.

1st Degree Black Belt American Kickboxing
    Belt: 2010 W.K.K.O U.S. Tournament Runner Up 132lbs.
    Silver Medal: 2011 W.K.A North American Tournament Runner Up 141lbs

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword View Post
    100% agree. Widman has a change to beat silva just like eveyone Silva as faught, but I think people are bying in to the UFC Hype machine on this one. simalar to when he faught cheal... and looked what happened....Twice.
    Love how people say Chael was hype. After the first fight everyone was genuinely surprised what Sonnen accomplished. While he did not win, he did better against Silva than anyone has in AS's UFC tenure.

There is nothing to buy into the hype about. Weidman is a sterling prospect and will no doubt be champ one day. The only question is, will it be while Andy is in the MW division?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information