Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Silva school Weidman?

Default Will Silva school Weidman?

Always a very real possibility.

Weidman seems to be getting more hype than a lot of Silva's opponents, but we've also seen Silva destroy guys who were supposed to have a good chance at winning.

What do you think we'll see tomorrow night?

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    Always a very real possibility.

Weidman seems to be getting more hype than a lot of Silva's opponents, but we've also seen Silva destroy guys who were supposed to have a good chance at winning.

What do you think we'll see tomorrow night?
    If Weidman comes in super aggressive like Sonnen or swinging wildly like Griffin I anticipate him getting KTFO or TKOd. What I really think will happen is he will try to setup a takedown by faking a leading punch or something first so he can get Silva on the ground and keep him there.

This is basically one of those fights where whomever makes the first critical mistake is going to lose. I don't think either party will get dominated or schooled.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Silva will leave us all in awe as usual.

The odds are only so close because the bookies want to bait in those hearing all the Weidman hype.

I hope I eat my words but I dont think I will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post

The odds are only so close because the bookies want to bait in those hearing all the Weidman hype.

I feel kinda bad though. Silva is my favorite MMA fighter and you all got more faith in him winning than I do. That is a damn shame.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Im afraid i have to agree with the rest of you this time. I like Weidman, his wins have all been pretty good stuff, but Silva is just on an entire different level. Im expecting a 2nd round tko, in ridiculous fashion, as per his usual. Then the hype for a Bones fight begins....

Silva spanks that ass.
    He'll be aware of the takedowns and he'll outclass Weidman EVERYWHERE.
    Weidman hasn't fought in a YEAR!!!
    And people think that he wont come in with any ring rust and that he's gonna be a huge threat to the greatest MMA fighter. WRONG.

There's only so much hype for Weidman because the common fan has no idea who the hell Chris Weidman is.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagmadov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

I think this will look like a less competitive version of the Hendo fight. I don't think Chris will overcommit the way Hendo does, but he'll throw combinations and he still does those from memory with his eye off his opponent. Anderson will bait him in one of those exchanges and make him pay before Chris can grab a leg.

IMO the lines are close because the lines try to predict how people are betting, not who's going to win; and I think MMA betting is still heavily biased by hype.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    Weidman hasn't fought in a YEAR!!!
    Silva last fought in Oct. 2012 in what was basically an exhibition match against Bonnar. He hasn't been the most active fighter himself.

Other factors that help the Weidman hype.... nicknamed "The All-American" and he's fighting 2 days after Independence day, and he happens to be undefeated something the casual or common fans like seeing.

I don't know what to predict for the fight. I keep thinking how all good things come to an end and everyone's luck runs out eventually. Chris's talent certainly makes him appear to be the biggest threat to Anderson in quite some time. In the end though my gut says Silva will probably add another win to his legacy.
    Legalize MMA in New York

100% agree. Widman has a change to beat silva just like eveyone Silva as faught, but I think people are bying in to the UFC Hype machine on this one. simalar to when he faught cheal... and looked what happened....Twice.
    Signature Removed

Thread Information