+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Silva school Weidman?

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside View Post
    Loved your post. Easily one of the funniest posts I've seen in awhile.
    Im at the Chevy dealership and this made my morning
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Just because you like a fighter doesn't mean you have to look at it blindly and think there going to win when the odds are against them. Thinking a fighter must win just because you like them falls under Nut Hugger
    That is part of the problem though. I feel many here are looking at this fight blindly because of Silva's dominance. I see Silva fighting an upgraded Chael Sonnen and there is no part of that equation that spells out easy victory to me. Others here are looking at Weidman like he will be just another victim.

I haven't seen too many strikers do well when they have to worry about getting taken down and possibly smother fucked, mounted or submitted.
    Anderson Silva:

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword View Post
    100% agree. Widman has a change to beat silva just like eveyone Silva as faught, but I think people are bying in to the UFC Hype machine on this one. simalar to when he faught cheal... and looked what happened....Twice.
    Love how people say Chael was hype. After the first fight everyone was genuinely surprised what Sonnen accomplished. While he did not win, he did better against Silva than anyone has in AS's UFC tenure.

There is nothing to buy into the hype about. Weidman is a sterling prospect and will no doubt be champ one day. The only question is, will it be while Andy is in the MW division?

Sonnen sucks! I knew he sucks after he lost to Silva. That tricky son of a gun had me fooled for 4 & 1/2 rounds, but I eventually figured out that he sucks. I also bought into the hype of the 49ers being good until they barely lost in the Super Bowl. I'll never be tricked into thinking someone is good again unless they win the title. Only the champion is good.
    USA! USA! USA!

5. 07-05-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    That is part of the problem though. I feel many here are looking at this fight blindly because of Silva's dominance. I see Silva fighting an upgraded Chael Sonnen and there is no part of that equation that spells out easy victory to me. Others here are looking at Weidman like he will be just another victim.

I haven't seen too many strikers do well when they have to worry about getting taken down and possibly smother fucked, mounted or submitted.
    This is so true. Weidman has the wrestling of chael but in addition he has strong finishing ability on the ground and is nowhere near as wreck less. Make no mistake no matter who you are this is a dangerous fight. Even if you are one of the greatest mma fighters of all time.

Anyone else catch the weigh ins? Anderson just kissed Weidman. Nogueira probably won't train him anymore lol.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    This is so true. Weidman has the wrestling of chael but in addition he has strong finishing ability on the ground and is nowhere near as wreck less. Make no mistake no matter who you are this is a dangerous fight. Even if you are one of the greatest mma fighters of all time.
    Weidman's wrestling is different from Chael's and does not have the power double Chael has.

Weidman is more wreckless when it comes to ground and pound, but far more powerful and diversified. Chris often lost position when getting leverage for ground strikes in his early UFC fights.

Weidman's submissions and sub D are infinitely better than Chael.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Anyone else catch the weigh ins? Anderson just kissed Weidman. Nogueira probably won't train him anymore lol.
    He did?

Anderson Silva:

I think Weidman loses a close fight, then earns a rematch next year. soares whines about it like the bottom feeding scumbag he is, but eventually Silva has to face him or retire. Chris wins the rematch, but it's discredited because by then the Anderson-can-walk-on-water crowd says Anderson is too old to be taken seriously.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information