Thread: Fabricio Werdum seeking fight with Daniel Cormier

Default Fabricio Werdum seeking fight with Daniel Cormier

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2013/07/...aniel-cormier/

UFC heavyweight Daniel Cormier wanted another challenge before dropping down to 205 pounds and, if Fabricio Werdum has his way, the unbeaten grappler will get his wish. Though nothing official has been announced, UFC President Dana White recently confirmed Werdum had contacted him calling for a clash with Cormier.

“Werdum was in my office two days ago,” said White to media members at a pre-event press conference attached to UFC 162. “That’s who he wants to fight, but we’ll see what happens.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I like it. Werdum's BJJ might be the answer to Cormier's elite wrestling. I could see this fight remain standing.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

This is the fight that has to happen between the top two contenders not currently vying for the title. I'm curious as to what will happen if Cormier and Cain both come out victorious in their respective bouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    This is the fight that has to happen between the top two contenders not currently vying for the title. I'm curious as to what will happen if Cormier and Cain both come out victorious in their respective bouts.
    They'll probably count on Browne winning his fight or Barnett winning his...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Cormier has been slowly losing the weight to get to 205 which is what he has to do with his kidney issues. But he needs to stay busy as well so the Werdum fight makes sense. He lost 20 pounds between his last strikeforce fight and his UFC debut. So really I think he has one more fight left in the HW division before he makes 205. He might have two fights left if JDS knocks off Cain.

Once he makes 205, Jon Jones days are numbered.
    Dude, I’m a wrestler. I’m the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. That’s all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

I love the fight. It is a real test for both fighters and their styles should make for a really interesting game.

I think Cormier's athleticism, strength, and clinchwork will make the difference. I would love to see them battle on the ground.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

I wonder if the only reason Cormier doesn't fight Cain is because of the whoopings he gets in practice. Haha.

Thread Information