Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman: Live Results & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by trustkill View Post
    You don't know???? You're saying that not only did Anderson "act" getting his head bounced off the mat but he also pretended to grab the referee out of despair?

Come on man.
    I've already said:

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    Those shots on the ground were fucking nasty, but the whole leadup to it seemed... fake.
    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    ...and so the discreding of Weidman begins. He didn't catch Silva squarely, he wasn't outworking him in the first round...it was because Anderson wanted to lose--or even worse, actually threw the fight.

Why is MMA wasted on so many stupid fans?

rh
    Don't have to lump everyone in with me, seems like I'm the only stupid fan who thought it looked weird.

So what was that GSP announcement anyway??? Or was the announcement spoiled by Weidman?
    Not just GSP, but GSP, Jones, and Rhonda. First guess would be the cover of the EA MMA game maybe?
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."

- Stephen Hawking

In regards to Anderson being relatively content with losing like an idiot - I think it's fair to speculate that Anderson doesn't really care too much about being the champion anymore - his post-fight interview certainly would suggest that. That doesn't mean that Anderson purposely lost, and it doesn't mean that he wasn't trying to win - like I said earlier, Anderson has done this shit before and won - so if you think he threw this fight by acting like a clown, I guess he was throwing the Griffin fight before crushing him; I guess he was throwing the James Irvin fight before firing a piston-like right straight into his jaw; I guess he was throwing the fight versus Bonnar before he finished him. Get real people.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Too bad it didn't show the other angle where Anderson's eyes rolled to the side, and then to the back of his head. Because they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    I think I missed the replay where his eyes rolled back from that shot that dropped himm.
    Yeah, I missed it...

I wish we could see the reaction of fighters that saw what just happened.

What a crazy story for Chris Weidman. It is movie like as mentioned. I really hope he can remain champion for now.

7/6/2013 The MW king was slayed.

Funny how Silva's first opponent in the UFC, Leben, fought on the same card as him getting dethroned 7 years later.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

Quote Originally Posted by LukeSalvatore View Post
    Here's the thing: part of the allure of Anderson, the mystique about him if you will, was that he acted all 'clownshoes' and then knocks his opponent out. Irvin, Bonnar, Griffin - he treated them like pests and then disposed of them, this type of bullshitting has added a lot to why Anderson was such a enigma - he would clown people and no one could do anything about it.

I hate the idea that he Anderson finally gets caught doing his bullshit, but then people think he lost on purpose. I don't even think you can say that Anderson wasn't fighting at his best, he was into his groove, which is the worst spot for him to be if you're his opponent. Anderson was taking all of Weidman's punches no problem and was clowning - then he got clowned. If you go out, put your hands down, and just dance around you'll either look really impressive by not getting hit - or you'll get hit and get knocked the fuck out. It was impossible for Anderson to lose in a traditional way with the way he was fighting.
    I agree, however the level of competition, from a guy like Bonnar, Griffin, Irvin, Cote, Maia next to a guy of Weidman's caliber and hard ranking(who I'd have next to Anderson's fights against Vitor and Okami) should've warranted a different level of seriousness from Anderson, which I don't think was there tonight, which to me, felt off. I think Anderson comes in differently to bouts against guys who could actually beat him(which I'd count Weidman among), as opposed to say, a Leites or Cote and tonight, he treated a main eventer like a prelim scrub.

Personally, I think Anderson lost the eye of the tiger passion-wise to defend the title to his fullest capacity. He's incredibly arrogant and that killed him tonight, but the aloof style of fighting didn't make sense TO ME because I don't think a guy like Weidman affords Anderson that luxury of clowning to-that-degree that he's done in the past.

I don't think DIVE is the right word, Weidman won fair and square and that could've very well been Bonnar's moment in the sun the way Anderson fought him......but, I don't think Anderson went in there with the same passion to excel as a GSP, Cain or Jones does.

Believe it or not, but RD gave Weidman all due respect, and a 50:50 chance of beating Silva. His pre-fight prediction was actually on point.
    I know, I was just poking a lil fun at RD. I know he said Silva was losing.... but that doesn't mean that he didn't deep down was praying for a Silva win.
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

RD is a cool guy nowadays. Stop being fucking tools towards him. Busting someone's balls is one thing, but being a cunt is another.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeSalvatore View Post
    In regards to Anderson being relatively content with losing like an idiot - I think it's fair to speculate that Anderson doesn't really care too much about being the champion anymore - his post-fight interview certainly would suggest that. That doesn't mean that Anderson purposely lost, and it doesn't mean that he wasn't trying to win - like I said earlier, Anderson has done this shit before and won - so if you think he threw this fight by acting like a clown, I guess he was throwing the Griffin fight before crushing him; I guess he was throwing the James Irvin fight before firing a piston-like right straight into his jaw; I guess he was throwing the fight versus Bonnar before he finished him. Get real people.
    I don't think he threw the fight...I think he finally got too cocky with a guy he should not have. Fedor never did this shit because he knew eventually he would lose.

Holy shit that was awesome! Great night of fights! All hail the new champ. And may the former champ still put on some epic fights.

Thread Information