Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman: Live Results & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by LukeSalvatore View Post
    In regards to Anderson being relatively content with losing like an idiot - I think it's fair to speculate that Anderson doesn't really care too much about being the champion anymore - his post-fight interview certainly would suggest that. That doesn't mean that Anderson purposely lost, and it doesn't mean that he wasn't trying to win - like I said earlier, Anderson has done this shit before and won - so if you think he threw this fight by acting like a clown, I guess he was throwing the Griffin fight before crushing him; I guess he was throwing the James Irvin fight before firing a piston-like right straight into his jaw; I guess he was throwing the fight versus Bonnar before he finished him. Get real people.
    I'm certainly not saying that he was throwing the fight because of his antics; as far as I can tell, no one else implied as much either. I said the punches that dropped him looked suspect.

The clowning is part of his "aura". Think about it, the crowd was electric, your fighting the best fighter there ever was, he's yelling at you and making fun of you. It totally works, until you get someone who doesn't care to hear he is suppose to lose.

Alright, show of hands. Who thought tonight would end with a discrediting of the winner's victory?

Does the way Silva lost tonight along with him saying he doesn't want to fight for the MW belt anymore sway you guys at all to drop him at all on your all time best list? It does for me. Then again I didn't have him above Fedor because of the guys Fedor fought and him fighting in a division where he was small much of the time.
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

Weidman campaigning hard for the rematch. Very classy in victory but also a fight that makes great financial sense for him.

This might be my favorite MMA moment, beating out the destruction of Shogun by Jones. Of all the ways I thought Silva might lose, pretending to be rocked only to actually get rocked wasn't one of them.

I gotta go back to my books and find out what are the proper offerings to pay the Greek Fates because apparently they're real.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."

- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I agree, however the level of competition, from a guy like Bonnar, Griffin, Irvin, Cote, Maia next to a guy of Weidman's caliber and hard ranking(who I'd have next to Anderson's fights against Vitor and Okami) should've warranted a different level of seriousness from Anderson, which I don't think was there tonight, which to me, felt off. I think Anderson comes in differently to bouts against guys who could actually beat him(which I'd count Weidman among), as opposed to say, a Leites or Cote and tonight, he treated a main eventer like a prelim scrub.

Personally, I think Anderson lost the eye of the tiger passion-wise to defend the title to his fullest capacity. He's incredibly arrogant and that killed him tonight, but the aloof style of fighting didn't make sense TO ME because I don't think a guy like Weidman affords Anderson that luxury of clowning to-that-degree that he's done in the past.

I don't think DIVE is the right word, Weidman won fair and square and that could've very well been Bonnar's moment in the sun the way Anderson fought him......but, I don't think Anderson went in there with the same passion to excel as a GSP, Cain or Jones does.
    I don't think what he did makes sense to anyone - and I don't think that Anderson went in there with the same passion as a GSP, Cain, or Jones - but I don't think he ever does. Anderson toys with people, he clowns them, he always has - a GSP, Cain, or Jones would finish those fights (Cote, Maia, Leites) - Anderson doesn't, that's just how he is. The most legitimate threat to Anderson was Sonnen, who in the first fight seemed like he could really take it to Anderson, but Anderson still clowned him in the second - so it's not like Anderson actually has a track record of taking a fight seriously.

Anderson was definitely being more of a clown than usual, he was playing it up significantly more than usual, I would agree, and I would agree he didn't act how he should have versus Weidman - I don't think anyone with a functioning brain will disagree with that. I think Anderson went in there to win the fight in the fashion that Anderson wins fights, by being a clown and then taking his opponent out - only this time he got taken out.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeSalvatore View Post
    I don't think what he did makes sense to anyone - and I don't think that Anderson went in there with the same passion as a GSP, Cain, or Jones - but I don't think he ever does. Anderson toys with people, he clowns them, he always has - a GSP, Cain, or Jones would finish those fights (Cote, Maia, Leites) - Anderson doesn't, that's just how he is. The most legitimate threat to Anderson was Sonnen, who in the first fight seemed like he could really take it to Anderson, but Anderson still clowned him in the second - so it's not like Anderson actually has a track record of taking a fight seriously.

Anderson was definitely being more of a clown than usual, he was playing it up significantly more than usual, I would agree, and I would agree he didn't act how he should have versus Weidman - I don't think anyone with a functioning brain will disagree with that. I think Anderson went in there to win the fight in the fashion that Anderson wins fights, by being a clown and then taking his opponent out - only this time he got taken out.
    He should have figured his games weren't going to work when Chris didn't back down from the kiss.

He really didn't clown any more then usual, it just looked silly cause it wasn't working.

We need to get some stills of Anderson's eyes rolling back. It might be the new Hashad vs Machida.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."

- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by trustkill View Post
    Believe it or not, but RD gave Weidman all due respect, and a 50:50 chance of beating Silva. His pre-fight prediction was actually on point.
    He gives him a 50:50 chance before the fight so he can teeter on whatever side of the fence the coin lands and can stay neutral between "Oh well, he was a great champ teehee!" to "I posted aimless bullshit comparable to Silva's post-fight speech for months about how Weidman wasn't a serious threat and I told you so!" It's quite lazy, spineless, and fair-weather, actually, and is in no way related to a sound opinion from a competent human being or knowledgeable MMA fan.
    "I like you Clarence. Always have, always will."

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg
    Something many posters here are also guilty of doing everytime the rumor meal gets cranked up.
    I'd like mine with a Diet Coke, please!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    Roadawg is just a damn fool when it comes to MMA and Anderson Silva. There is no point in acknowledging his bullshit unless you just want brain damage. Responding to it is fucking pointless. His opinion is a joke.
    "Every gun makes its own tune."

Thread Information