Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman: Live Results & Discussion

Like it or not, Silva's taunting was garnered attention for him while he was knocking off the competition that came in front of him. His style attracted tons of new fans whenever he fought.

Yes, this gladiator's time as champion is over but that does not diminish his legacy one bit. A single loss does not wash away an entire career.

Savour the moment. Champions fall. There are a select few that have that special something that allows them to stand above the rest. I am grateful that I was able to witness Anderson's prime, it will be something we will talk about for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    He should have figured his games weren't going to work when Chris didn't back down from the kiss.

He really didn't clown any more then usual, it just looked silly cause it wasn't working.
    We'll disagree in that I thought Anderson was taunting more than usual, I don't recall Anderson taunting his opponent to come get him seven or eight times within the span of a minute - I thought he was disrespecting Chris more than he does usually - not really that relevant though.

anderson tried to do the stankey leg,then tried to do his signature head movement and got ktfo. I guess im one of the 13percent that chose weidman on xbox live via ko

Quote Originally Posted by LukeSalvatore View Post
    We'll disagree in that I thought Anderson was taunting more than usual, I don't recall Anderson taunting his opponent to come get him seven or eight times within the span of a minute - I thought he was disrespecting Chris more than he does usually - not really that relevant though.
    It's been sometime since I watched the Maia fight, but wasn't he clowning all 5 rounds? The Griffen fight was short, but he clowned the entire time.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    It's been sometime since I watched the Maia fight, but wasn't he clowning all 5 rounds? The Griffen fight was short, but he clowned the entire time.
    Perhaps, this is the only fight where I really felt like he was being insufferable to be honest. Versus Maia and Leites he was taunting them, but in my opinion he was acting more like, 'You are boring me, fight me, do anything', where as versus Weidman he was very aggressive with his taunting, at one point the security got in the way because he was walking at Weidman's corner with his hands up Nick Diaz style.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Like it or not, Silva's taunting was garnered attention for him while he was knocking off the competition that came in front of him. His style attracted tons of new fans whenever he fought.

Yes, this gladiator's time as champion is over but that does not diminish his legacy one bit. A single loss does not wash away an entire career.

Savour the moment. Champions fall. There are a select few that have that special something that allows them to stand above the rest. I am grateful that I was able to witness Anderson's prime, it will be something we will talk about for years to come.
    Me too.

Also If a single loss wiped away a legacy especially the way he handed it over to Weidman I would be all over Fedor who got beat 3 times back to back to back while actually trying.

I wish I knew this version of Silva was showing up tonight so I could have saved my 54 bucks. I don't mind him taunting but it was a bit much hell even his corner was yelling at him like WTF ARE U DOING?

On a side note:
    I bet Floyd Mayweather is somewhere laughing his ass off right now.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

rob_bills Guest

Now I know how all the Liddell, Penn, and Fedor fans feel. Im hurting right in the feels.. bitter pill to swallow right now

http://www.ufc.com/media/ufc-162-post-fight-pc

Link to the post fight presser. Just started, missed the first announcement, was listing cities.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."

- Stephen Hawking

Hahahaha

"People are saying what? That is the stupidest fucking thing I have ever heard."
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

Thread Information