Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman: Live Results & Discussion

Yeah, I'll stand by my previous statement and say that if this rematch does happen, which is a great financial move for all involved... Weidman gets destroyed. I really think the loss will bring out an uber Silva like we've never seen before.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeSalvatore View Post
    Perhaps, this is the only fight where I really felt like he was being insufferable to be honest. Versus Maia and Leites he was taunting them, but in my opinion he was acting more like, 'You are boring me, fight me, do anything', where as versus Weidman he was very aggressive with his taunting, at one point the security got in the way because he was walking at Weidman's corner with his hands up Nick Diaz style.
    I always felt he taunted so much in those fights because he felt if they got 1 takedown then he would get submitted. He couldn't just stand there, he had to do something to stay on the outside. Also during the second Chael fight, not only did he shoulder shrug him at the weigh ins, he was doing some pretty off things.

Anyways, did anyone catch it when Anderson said if he wasn't injured then the first Chael fight would have been over really fast?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_bills View Post
    Now I know how all the Liddell, Penn, and Fedor fans feel. Im hurting right in the feels.. bitter pill to swallow right now
    No you don't. Fedor never lost by being a jackass. It was his fans that built him up as a Terminator. Anderson has only himself to blame for pretending to be a terminator.

UFC 162 bonuses: Weidman, Swanson, Siver, Edgar, Oliveira earn honors
    by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Jul 07, 2013 at 1:15 am ET

LAS VEGAS – Chris Weidman, Cub Swanson, Dennis Siver, Frankie Edgar and Charles Oliveira each earned bonuses, believed to be $50,000 each, for their performances at Saturday's UFC 162 event.

Weidman earned the "Knockout of the Night" award, and a pair of "Fight of the Night" honors were handed out to Swanson-Siver and Edgar-Oliveira. Without any tapouts, there was no "Submission of the Night" bonus.

UFC officials announced the bonuses following the card.

UFC 162 took place at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The main card aired on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

Weidman (10-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC) scored perhaps the most stunning knockout in UFC history when he stopped longtime middleweight champion Anderson Silva (33-5 MMA, 16-1 UFC) in the second round – after Silva was toying with him and taunting him. Weidman landed a few punches that Silva acted like hurt him – then got hit with one that truly did, and his nearly seven-year run as champion came to an end.

To open up the main card on pay-per-view, Swanson (20-5 MMA, 5-1 UFC) and Siver (21-9 MMA, 10-6 UFC) battled back and forth into the third round before Swanson finally caught the German and stopped him for his fifth straight victory at featherweight.

And in another important featherweight bout, Edgar (16-4-1 MMA, 10-4-1 UFC) fought a three-round fight for the first time after seven straight title fights and took a unanimous decision from Oliveira (16-4 MMA, 4-4 UFC) – though the fight may have been closer than a pair of 30-27 scores for Edgar would otherwise indicate.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_bills View Post
    Now I know how all the Liddell, Penn, and Fedor fans feel. Im hurting right in the feels.. bitter pill to swallow right now
    I think the Fedor comparison works well, it had a strange ending, he was trying to land punches instead of defending the triangle choke, when Werdum had actually faked being rocked.I remember posters thinking it was staged as well, I think they even cited he had a speech ready lol.

lol hilarious comment from Dana in terms of respect vs disrespect.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."

- Stephen Hawking

rob_bills Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMage View Post
    No you don't. Fedor never lost by being a jackass. It was his fans that built him up as a Terminator. Anderson has only himself to blame for pretending to be a terminator.
    Being a jackass was what made Silva so popular... his show boating and flair is exciting to people, its what got me into mma all those years ago. Being "a jackass" is just Silva.. so to me losing by doing that isn't a big deal. He acts like a jackass 90% of the time so yeah he was likely to get bet by being a jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    ...and so the discreding of Weidman begins. He didn't catch Silva squarely, he wasn't outworking him in the first round...it was because Anderson wanted to lose--or even worse, actually threw the fight.

Why is MMA wasted on so many stupid fans?

rh
    In a way, I think by winning off of the pure guile and idiocracy of Anderson's showboating and cracking him like he did may do Weidman a disservice presently, because the fight was so surreal and not a traditional "fight" in the most competitive sense with Anderson being so aloof and goofy and just letting Weidman get looks that 99% of fighters would NEVER show their opponents, let alone a #2 in the world.

The puzzling WAY it played out*wasn't how I think anybody who had Weidman winning, saw it playing out and at the end, it was just too weird of a way for Weidman to win. I don't think it's really about taking things away from Weidman, Weidman deserved it, Weidman won it fair and square....but I think Anderson's showing did a disservice to him for being the first guy to beat him during this run, the way it happened.

Dana is hitting on all the right points in my opinion.

- Anderson always fights like this.
    - If Anderson had done this and won, he would be getting heralded right now.
    - Anderson didn't look old, he looked great up until he got knocked out.

At the same time, I absolutely hate Dana's hypocritical statements right now, basically saying that you can't disrespect a fighter in the cage - even though Dana says all the time about disrespect, very respectful etc. What a dope.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    In a way, I think by winning off of the pure guile and idiocracy of Anderson's showboating and cracking him like he did may do Weidman a disservice presently, because the fight was so surreal and not a traditional "fight" in the most competitive sense with Anderson being so aloof and goofy and just letting Weidman get looks that 99% of fighters would NEVER show their opponents, let alone a #2 in the world.

The puzzling WAY it played out*wasn't how I think anybody who had Weidman winning, saw it playing out and at the end, it was just too weird of a way for Weidman to win. I don't think it's really about taking things away from Weidman, Weidman deserved it, Weidman won it fair and square....but I think Anderson's showing did a disservice to him for being the first guy to beat him during this run, the way it happened.
    Why does it do a disservice? Anderson showed up for a comedy show, his opponent showed up for a fight. The only person at fault is Anderson.

Thread Information