+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman: Live Results & Discussion

Rob was referring to how one feels when the legend they love falls. Not how they fought or how they were toppled.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjastix View Post
    lol hilarious comment from Dana in terms of respect vs disrespect.
    How was it hilarious? Dana white is an idiot. He gave Anderson so much shit in the past for doing the same shit and said it was disrespectful but now it's not disrespectful? How is it not? The fight was actually pretty shitty despite the ending, with Anderson just acting like a jack ass the whole time.

It's not that Silva acts like a jackass. He didn't act like that vs Marquardt or Henderson and was in check with both Sonnen and Belfort. Against lesser competition, he's used that "act" to defeat his opponents mentally for sure. Look at the Okami fight, Yushin was lost.

But he failed to recognize that Chris was a significant step up from his previous fights. It wasn't necessary a poor selection of tactics, but he over-utilized it. He paid for that. It's easy to criticize something when it doesn't work and convenient to ignore all the times it did.

Anderson is one of a kind. He has earned the right to fight how he wants but there's no discounting that it look pretty god awful.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."

- Stephen Hawking

Silva > Fedor
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinVoorhees View Post
    How was it hilarious? Dana white is an idiot. He gave Anderson so much shit in the past for doing the same shit and said it was disrespectful but now it's not disrespectful? How is it not? The fight was actually pretty shitty despite the ending, with Anderson just acting like a jack ass the whole time.
    I don't know what you're referring to, what I was referring to was Dana's back and forth regarding a reporter asking him if he felt what Anderson did in the cage was disrespectful.

Dana's reply was "how the fuck do you disrespect someone in a fight? I'm going to punch you in the face. I'm going to kick you as hard as I can. I'm going to rip your arm off if I get a hold of it. I'm going to choke the shit out of you if I can. But I don't want to be disrespectful about it."

^ That was hilarious. I may not agree with it entirely. But it was funny.

I could give a shit if you think Dana is an idiot. He's the guy at the podium with the camera pointed at him and the reporters asking the questions. So he's got something to do with the situation. You'll pardon me if I pay him some attention.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."

- Stephen Hawking

Exactly sniggs. Silva was and will be the GOAT in my eyes. I can fully understand the haters of his dancing and whatever, but there will never be another like him. I dont think hes done, but his aura is gone so he may as well be done imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjastix View Post
    I don't know what you're referring to, what I was referring to was Dana's back and forth regarding a reporter asking him if he felt what Anderson did in the cage was disrespectful.

Dana's reply was "how the fuck do you disrespect someone in a fight? I'm going to punch you in the face. I'm going to kick you as hard as I can. I'm going to rip your arm off if I get a hold of it. I'm going to choke the shit out of you if I can. But I don't want to be disrespectful about it."

^ That was hilarious. I may not agree with it entirely. But it was funny.

I could give a shit if you think Dana is an idiot. He's the guy at the podium with the camera pointed at him and the reporters asking the questions. So he's got something to do with the situation. You'll pardon me if I pay him some attention.
    You don't know what I'm refering to? Dana white just said: "how the fuck do you disrespect someone in a fight? I'm going to punch you in the face. I'm going to kick you as hard as I can. I'm going to rip your arm off if I get a hold of it. I'm going to choke the shit out of you if I can. But I don't want to be disrespectful about it."
    In the past Dana White ripped Anderson apart and said he was being disrespectful to the fans and to the other fighters but now all of a sudden it isn't disrespectful to do those same things and act like a jackass?

Machida vs Weidman!!! Make it happen, Dana!

BP

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMage View Post
    Why does it do a disservice? Anderson showed up for a comedy show, his opponent showed up for a fight. The only person at fault is Anderson.
    For me, the comedy show is the disservice to Weidman. The guy who beat Anderson Silva was going to have that on his resume for the rest of his life, and right now, I think it was just a weird, wonky way for it to happen, just too anticlimactic for me.

Hey, the finish was 100% convincing, final and not an early stoppage, nothing to pout over etc, but it felt silly, TO ME, it was comparable to a .400 hitter going up against an 1980s-era Roger Clemens in the World Series and having Clemens simply throw batting practice speed and unproven stuff at him, instead of his best stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by _DCdoctr_ View Post
    Machida vs Weidman!!! Make it happen, Dana!

BP
    Belfort would be pissed lol

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information