Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman: Live Results & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by _DCdoctr_ View Post
    Machida vs Weidman!!! Make it happen, Dana!

BP
    God I'd sooooo prefer that to Cheator Belfort getting another shot in international waters.

Sonnen - MW champ in 2-3 fights.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Dog View Post
    Belfort would be pissed lol
    Piss, of which, would be inherently dirty.

Congrats to Weidman! He may be my new favorite fighter! I've been wanting for Anderson to get KTFO while doing that dancing/taunting crap for a long time and it finally happened. I don't like Anderson but I think he's one of the best fighters of all time. If he would have beat Jones or even won against a few more tough opponents I'd probably have ended up putting him ahead of Fedor but for me I have it at 1. Fedor, 2. GSP, 3. Silva. I just think GSP has fought tougher competition and both him and Silva have been untouchable for basically the same amount of time. As with Fedor he hadn't had a true loss basically ever until he lost to Werdum and he wasn't the same. Despite Fedor finishing like 2-3 or so, he has less losses than Silva.

Brown Pride

Here comes the Chris Weidman threads

Quote Originally Posted by JustinVoorhees View Post
    In the past Dana White ripped Anderson apart and said he was being disrespectful to the fans and to the other fighters but now all of a sudden it isn't disrespectful to do those same things and act like a jackass?
    Because those actions, specifically vs Leites and Maia, were in detriment to action. The Leites fight wasn't Silva's fault. Wasn't his fault Thales didn't want to get off the ground. The Maia fight, Dana's criticism was that if you can take a fighter out, if he's not on your level, you take him out. Rounds 4 and 5 Silva walked away from Maia after spending 3 rounds stalking Maia.

That's quite different from tonight right?

So there's your answer. Different circumstances. Different answers. I don't remember Dana complaining after the Griffin fight. I don't remember him complaining after the Okami fight. Nor do I remember him complaining after the Bonnar fight. Other about Bonnar of course.

Am I missing something? Or do you just have your heart set on labeling Dana a hypocrite?
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."

- Stephen Hawking

Dana wants a rematch more then Silva

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Dog View Post
    Dana wants a rematch more then Silva
    Superfights are done, the rematch would be huge. Strike while the iron is hot.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."

- Stephen Hawking

Every single thing that Dana is saying, defending Anderson Silva's legacy, are the exact things he used to dismiss Fedor.
    "To be truly walking on the warrior's path, we have to bring our minds back to the time when we were not ashamed of our dreams; when reality had not yet frustrated our ambitions; when our desire was still too strong to be repressed, and our spirit refused to surrender in resignation; when we were not yet doctors, businessmen, or lawyers, but still wanted to be heroes, leaders, bodhisattvas. The first step on the way to being warriors is to get back in touch with our dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by K1NG P3NN View Post
    Yeah, I'll stand by my previous statement and say that if this rematch does happen, which is a great financial move for all involved... Weidman gets destroyed. I really think the loss will bring out an uber Silva like we've never seen before.
    He doesn't want the rematch because if he won he would be back in the same position all over again. The media, the pressure, time away from family. He brought this up at the press conference.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Thread Information