Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman: Live Results & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    While I agree that Bisping isn't DESERVING of a title shot, marketing-wise it might be the best thing for Weidman to get another big name under his belt and the exposure that comes with a Bisping bout.

However, with a win over Jacare(I have it even as of now), Okami will have amassed consecutive wins over Belcher, Lombard and Jacare, which IMO is a better argument than anybody but Vitor
    but he was also crushed by Silva and Tim Boetsch, but I don't think he gets passed Jacare.

You can't give Bisping a title shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Dog View Post
    if Silva, Belfort were to die in a plane crash I think Munoz would be considered a contender by the UFC
    It's funny I can see the words but I can't make them out.

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."

- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    For me, I think Okami has such a neutralizing approach, he could very well beat Jacare and make a helluva case for a shot, however given his relatively dull and "boring" style and how long it took him to get a title shot the first time around despite his cred, I wonder if they don't pass him over for a more sexy and engaging fighter.

Also, I'd hazard that Jacare's striking has improved leaps and bounds from when he fought either Kennedy or Rockhold and going forward with a potential win over Okami, he's got alot of tools to again, be a great contender.

Let's all not forget about Consta, who with one more fight himself has probably made a solid enough argument for a shot despite not having the most household of household names......
    Okami's style is def not fan friendly, but I do enjoy it. He's very technical, and is a true martial artist in his own way. He's the Fitch of the MW division, except that he's Japanese, which would be a great sell for a Japanese card, or any Asian card. The UFC has him ranked at #3, behind the champ Weidman, Silva, and Vitor. Beating Jacare only makes his case better. Would not make sense for the UFC to pass on their #3 ranked MW for say Bisping, who is a few spots lower, and only on a 1 fight streak, 2 should he win his next one.

Jacare has improved tremendously, but again, fighting the Ed Hermans of the world isnt fighting the Okami, Vitor, Munoz, Bisping of the MW division. Camozzi wasnt a test. Costa would have been, but injuries are not gonna help his case if he's out a long time.

come one man don't feed the troll. hes just spitting shit to get a response.

WILLIAM MUNNY i hope you die of gonorrhea and burn in hell

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    come one man don't feed the troll. hes just spitting shit to get a response.
    Jesus Christ that was brilliant. Did you just make that up or did you take that from someone els?

7. Default

I recognize like 5 people in this thread. Holy shit.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Hi Sak.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

Quote Originally Posted by ninjastix View Post
    Hhahahahahahahahahahaha
    This guy?

Seems like you pop in randomly every 2 years. Stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by Palma View Post
    Jesus Christ that was brilliant. Did you just make that up or did you take that from someone els?
    You should also stick around.

As for the fights: Holy fuck. It was a pretty damn good night of fights...craziest shit ever in the main event. I think a rematch could potentially be amazing.
    Last edited by dbader08; 07-07-2013 at 04:25 AM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

I go dormant every so often.

I'm the Pennywise of off-shoot MMA sites. Fuck turtles by the way.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."

- Stephen Hawking

Thread Information