Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman: Live Results & Discussion

so did i just witness a flop so anderson could go fight Roy Jones or did he just get caught being fancy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Dog View Post
    where is pd,
    Bran gonna be on suicide watch.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."

- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by ninjastix View Post
    Bran gonna be on suicide watch.
    my greatest moment and i can't rub it in

Quote Originally Posted by mmawolverine View Post
    so did i just witness a flop so anderson could go fight Roy Jones or did he just get caught being fancy?
    He got caught clowning. His body shut the fuck off amd Chris didn't see to connect flush but just right on the button.

Anderson got everything he deserved. Fucking. Beautiful.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."

- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by mmawolverine View Post
    He just got caught doing the exact same thing that's won his multiple fights in the past. No reason to think he threw the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Dog View Post
    my greatest moment and i can't rub it in
    Almost as if it was planned all along. Fucking Sandy.

- Stephen Hawking

I really think he was bored of playing with his food at MW and as long as he could goof around Ali-style and get away with it (see Bonnar), he would keep cashing the checks until somebody beat him, but being THAT invincible doesn't sell tickets and honestly going forward, I bet Anderson has more interest NOW than ever before.

IMO, nobody genuinely serious fights that mindlessly cocky against that level of competition. GSP and Fedor lost fair and square, Anderson just threw the worst pick in MMA history, which is weird for someone soooooo good and didn't really look to be offensively seeking victory.

I wouldn't say dive exactly per se, I don't think he sought to lose, but he'd resigned himself to it and wasn't overtly looking to win. The alternative is that Anderson had diluted himself to such an enormously arrogant degree that he literally thought he wouldn't get caught ever.

Anderson didn't lose on a fluke or by domination or being simply outworked. He lost due to being fucking clownshoes and something is ultimately hinky about that.

My Weidman card shrine is looking like one of the better investments I have made lately
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

If Anderson doesn't sign for a rematch, it would be logical that the next shot goes to Belfort. I wonder if they'd have the fight in Brazil because of Vitor's TUE.

Weidman would sign up for it regardless, but still.

You don't clown around.......you just don't. Not even God...Fedor...clowned around.

Thread Information