+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 525

Thread: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman: Live Results & Discussion

  1. #471
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,278

    Default

    I dont see a rematch happening.. what I DO see happening is Nick Diaz vs Silva. Chalk it down folks, it's gonna happen!

  2. #472
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Down the rabbit hole
    Posts
    1,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    He doesn't want the rematch because if he won he would be back in the same position all over again. The media, the pressure, time away from family. He brought this up at the press conference.
    I know that, I'm just saying that if the rematch was made I think he would obliterate Chris.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.


  3. #473
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MirJitsu View Post
    Every single thing that Dana is saying, defending Anderson Silva's legacy, are the exact things he used to dismiss Fedor.
    yep 100% true, was thinking the same thing

  4. #474
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjastix View Post
    Because those actions, specifically vs Leites and Maia, were in detriment to action. The Leites fight wasn't Silva's fault. Wasn't his fault Thales didn't want to get off the ground. The Maia fight, Dana's criticism was that if you can take a fighter out, if he's not on your level, you take him out. Rounds 4 and 5 Silva walked away from Maia after spending 3 rounds stalking Maia.

    That's quite different from tonight right?

    So there's your answer. Different circumstances. Different answers. I don't remember Dana complaining after the Griffin fight. I don't remember him complaining after the Okami fight. Nor do I remember him complaining after the Bonnar fight. Other about Bonnar of course.

    Am I missing something? Or do you just have your heart set on labeling Dana a hypocrite?
    He is a hyporcite, Anderson was doing the same cocky bullshit he always does but because the fight ended the way it did, his antics were not disrespectful this time around?

  5. #475
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K1NG P3NN View Post
    I know that, I'm just saying that if the rematch was made I think he would obliterate Chris.
    I agree but in all honesty If it the rematch doesn't happen I see Vitor knocking him out. Weidman won't have that title long.
    Now we got two more champions to lose their titles

    GSP say nite nite.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

  6. #476
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinVoorhees View Post
    He is a hyporcite, Anderson was doing the same cocky bullshit he always does but because the fight ended the way it did, his antics were not disrespectful this time around?
    Dana didn't have a problem with the disrespect is my point. He had a problem with the fight, there's a difference. You're not acknowledging that.

    Are you saying the Weidman/Silva fight was the same as the Silva/Maia fight? I don't think you are. Then again I don't know which users may or may not have a handicap, so that might be the case.

    I don't think Dana had an issue with Sonnen being disrespectful. Or Rashad trying to clown against Machida and getting KTFO. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume Dana has a problem with showboating and clowning... when it prevents the two fighters from engaging.

    That wasn't the case tonight. Or in the last several Anderson fights. Thus Dana continually ballwashing Silva as the greatest fighter in the history of the universe.

    Is it clear to you now?
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."

    - Stephen Hawking

  7. #477
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Everyone seems to forget, didn't we almost see this in the first round of Sonnen VS Silva 1?

    I'm not shocked by any mean if you're going to behave like that in a fight

    It's part of his game and he got caught doing it. He is still the GOAT, but there is no reason to discredit Weidman for winning as he did

  8. #478
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,740

    Default

    There's too many weird things about this for me. Silva was clearly frustrating chris with his taunting and disrespect, clearly getting in his head finally. At the bell he hugs weidman and kisses him on the cheek or something and helps weidman keep some confidence. Then he just kept asking weidman to drop him, Silva never really threw any fight ending blows at Chris imo.

    Anyway, Weidman showed more tobme why he's not ready to be champion. Vitor wrecks him, Jacare subs him, Bisping would be interesting, Munoz I think wins a rematch 6 outta 10 times

  9. #479
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chute_Boxe44 View Post
    He is still the GOAT, but there is no reason to discredit Weidman for winning as he did
    I agree with this. Silva was definitely in Weidman's head but Chris never gave up and Anderson went to the well once to often. The great thing about MMA is it only takes the one time.

    Weidman deserves all the credit. He won the first round, then put out Silva cold on a reaching shot. People will want to color with whatever bias they favor but at the end of the day Chris is the legitimate Champion and Anderson is the owner of the greatest UFC run of all time.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."

    - Stephen Hawking

  10. #480
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    There's too many weird things about this for me. Silva was clearly frustrating chris with his taunting and disrespect, clearly getting in his head finally. At the bell he hugs weidman and kisses him on the cheek or something and helps weidman keep some confidence. Then he just kept asking weidman to drop him, Silva never really threw any fight ending blows at Chris imo.

    Anyway, Weidman showed more tobme why he's not ready to be champion. Vitor wrecks him, Jacare subs him, Bisping would be interesting, Munoz I think wins a rematch 6 outta 10 times
    I disagree I think he wrecks Munoz again, A Belfort match would be interesting, Jacare I think he couldn't beat Weidman and he would obliterate Bisping.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •