+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman: Live Results & Discussion

I think the winner of Okami/Jacare would make one helluva argument for being a great challenger. Bisping/Weidman would be money in the bank for what is now, a burgeoning, novice main event PPV draw in Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    I agree but in all honesty If it the rematch doesn't happen I see Vitor knocking him out. Weidman won't have that title long.
    Now we got two more champions to lose their titles

GSP say nite nite.
    Cant believe I agree with you.. Just curious, who is your pick for the other Champ to those their belt coming up?
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I think the winner of Okami/Jacare would make one helluva argument for being a great challenger. Bisping/Weidman would be money in the bank for what is now, a burgeoning, novice main event PPV draw in Weidman.
    Okami and Bisping are nowhere near a title shot imo, to me it's Silva, Belfort Munoz and Jacare if he wins.

Munoz isn't in title contention, Belfort is closest.

Bisping is not a title contendor. Not now. Not ever.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."

- Stephen Hawking

Incredible night.

Loved Gabriel Gonzaga and Edson Barboza's finishes, especially Gonzaga's. I just hope this doesn't lead to him head hunting in his next several fights again.

Chris Leben should not say how he's new and improved anymore. Take all the footage of his last few losses, tighten those weaknesses and use the tools to force his next fight to his strengths. Don't say anything, just work on it.

I have enjoyed watching Cub Swanson bounce back from his disappointing fights against Lamas and Mendes. Either one of those fights would be great rematches to see who the next number one contender would be. Either way, I don't think Cub would suffer the same fate against either opponent.

Mark Munoz looked fantastic, even if he was surprised with a takedown by Boetsch. Donkey Kong punches, mixing up his targeted areas and great top control for another win. I want him against Bisping to see how both would fare in an interesting styles clash.

Roger Gracie...goddamnit. Tim Kennedy didn't win the first round. I don't care what the judges say. Maybe Boetsch could give Tim a good fight.

Frankie Edgar seems to be stuck in purgatory. He does not need to be in any title fights anytime soon, but maybe he's two wins away (or one impressive win at least). Maybe Nik Lentz, Clay Guida (if he beats Mendes) or Chad Mendes(if he loses to Guida) would be good fights to move him up the rankings. I'm not a good matchmaker.

Chris Fucking Weidman. Wow. He should definitely enjoy this next week or so. I don't think he can top this win anytime soon. Maybe he faces Belfort if Anderson genuinely doesn't want a rematch. Otherwise, I'd love to see how their second fight would go.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    There's too many weird things about this for me. Silva was clearly frustrating chris with his taunting and disrespect, clearly getting in his head finally. At the bell he hugs weidman and kisses him on the cheek or something and helps weidman keep some confidence. Then he just kept asking weidman to drop him, Silva never really threw any fight ending blows at Chris imo.

Anyway, Weidman showed more tobme why he's not ready to be champion. Vitor wrecks him, Jacare subs him, Bisping would be interesting, Munoz I think wins a rematch 6 outta 10 times
    LOL oh god. So Silva threw the fight by letting himself get knocked the fuck out in humiliating fashion when he could have just tapped in the 1st round when in the leg lock??? Noway he through the fight
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I give Okami a better shot against Weidman than Jacare. To me, Jacare loses his confidence and has trouble against guys with good grappling or guys who can change levels (kennedy, Rockhold). Weidman, between his wrestling, sub attempts, and very good striking, would be too much for Jacare.

Okami would be strong in the clinch and his training with Sonnen and Lindland seems to be paying dividends as shown in the Lombard fight, with the wrestling takedowns that he's learned. He's got a great stiff jab, good movement, leg kicks which can keep Weidman guessing. Okami's biggest weakness is pressure fighters, so as long as he can keep Weidman from pressuring him, the fight would be interesting.

I can see a reason for Vitor getting the shot, but does anyone think he will accept a fight outside of Brazil at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Dog View Post
    Okami and Bisping are nowhere near a title shot imo, to me it's Silva, Belfort Munoz and Jacare if he wins.
    LOL.

Okami is coming off wins over Belcher and Lombard. Not saying they were the elite of the MW (however, they were in the 9-12 range), but a win over Jacare does make his case better.
    Jacare is nowhere close, as his current winning streak is over guys who are ranked outside of the top 20. A win over Okami does move up a lot closer though. I would say both guys should fight Vitor for #1 contender.

Munoz needs a few more solid wins to be in title talks. He doesnt really have many quality wins at MW outside of Maia and now Boetch.
    Last edited by MMA4EVERRR; 07-07-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Dog View Post
    While I agree that Bisping isn't DESERVING of a title shot, marketing-wise it might be the best thing for Weidman to get another big name under his belt and the exposure that comes with a Bisping bout.

However, with a win over Jacare(I have it even as of now), Okami will have amassed consecutive wins over Belcher, Lombard and Jacare, which IMO is a better argument than anybody but Vitor

Quote Originally Posted by ninjastix View Post
    Munoz isn't in title contention, Belfort is closest.

Bisping is not a title contendor. Not now. Not ever.
    He is above Bisping and Okami, if Silva, Belfort were to die in a plane crash I think Munoz would be considered a contender by the UFC, of course if Jacare wins I think he is above Munoz and we have to see what is next for Rockhold.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    I give Okami a better shot against Weidman than Jacare. To me, Jacare loses his confidence and has trouble against guys with good grappling or guys who can change levels (kennedy, Rockhold). Weidman, between his wrestling, sub attempts, and very good striking, would be too much for Jacare.

Okami would be strong in the clinch and his training with Sonnen and Lindland seems to be paying dividends as shown in the Lombard fight, with the wrestling takedowns that he's learned. He's got a great stiff jab, good movement, leg kicks which can keep Weidman guessing. Okami's biggest weakness is pressure fighters, so as long as he can keep Weidman from pressuring him, the fight would be interesting.

I can see a reason for Vitor getting the shot, but does anyone think he will accept a fight outside of Brazil at this point?
    For me, I think Okami has such a neutralizing approach, he could very well beat Jacare and make a helluva case for a shot, however given his relatively dull and "boring" style and how long it took him to get a title shot the first time around despite his cred, I wonder if they don't pass him over for a more sexy and engaging fighter.

Also, I'd hazard that Jacare's striking has improved leaps and bounds from when he fought either Kennedy or Rockhold and going forward with a potential win over Okami, he's got alot of tools to again, be a great contender.

Let's all not forget about Consta, who with one more fight himself has probably made a solid enough argument for a shot despite not having the most household of household names......

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information