Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24250515253 LastLast

Thread: UFC 162: Silva vs Weidman: Live Results & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gummy View Post
    Anderson was trying to put on a show. He likes to entertain the fans IMO. Early on in the first round when Weidman took him down and did decent damage (more than chael ever did) I think he got worried that he wouldn't be able to stop the takedown for the rest of the fight. So he goes into his showboating mode, trying to get Chris to keep the fight standing, and encourage him when he threw punches (kiss and words after rd1 ending flurry).

Weidman did an excellent job maintaining his cool and not being baited into Anderson's taunting in the second round. I think this caused Silva to take his showboating to even higher levels (the fake stinky leg, which led to the KO). So props to Weidman for beating AS. Like Silva said, Chris was the best man tonight and is the champion.

Nothing was weird to me, Weidman felt like he was being disrespected during the fight and he shut the other guy up and is the NEW UFC MW champion!

At first I was like damn he just fucked up but after his interview where he was so content with losing his title the way he did and not even want it back was funny to me. I'm not saying it was a big fix or nothing but I think he wanted to lose, he seemed like he was ready to make that announcement, it didn't look like it just came naturally at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    At first I was like damn he just fucked up but after his interview where he was so content with losing his title the way he did and not even want it back was funny to me. I'm not saying it was a big fix or nothing but I think he wanted to lose, he seemed like he was ready to make that announcement, it didn't look like it just came naturally at the moment.
    The guy just got knocked out, speaks English as a secondary language and gets a microphone stuck in his face while he's coming to his senses. I wouldn't put too much stock in Anderson's post fight interview. He'll go home and let this loss sink in. That's when he'll get the itch for a rematch. The rematch is going to happen. Make no mistake about it.

Can we all agree that Weidman deserved a title shot now?

I had a feeling Weidman would win this fight. I had him by TKO in round three for my pick-ems but I thought it would come from GnP certainly didn't see it happening like that.

I don't like this talk of Anderson throwing the fight or beating himself. Sure he got cocky and acted like a clown but he's done that before and went on to destroy his opponent. Make no mistake Weidman WON this fight. That little back hand right before the left was brilliant!

Not to say Anderson didn't make mistakes, clearly he did, but Weidman did what no one else could and capitalized on those mistakes. I think his biggest mistake was the hug between rounds. I thought he was getting into Weidman's head but then that hug calmed Weidman down and reminded him it was just a game.

The rest of the night kinda sucked for me. Hated seeing Boetsch lose again, I really thought he was going to win this one and get back in the hunt and it's always tough to see Leben lose.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

The whole lead up to the fight, the fight, and the post fight interview all seem odd to me. From handing Chris the belt before the weigh ins, to the its normal its all normal speech after the weigh in. Something just feels off. It feels off to Chris too or he wouldnt be asking for a rematch.

I am not on here saying Silva threw the fight. He did not go in there with the intention of being KOed. There were flashes of the fight were Silva looked a little slow or just not willing to pull the trigger. (in the clinch is one and one of the flurries standing).

I dont think Anderson went into the fight saying I'm gonna let this kid KO me. I do think he was ready to lose. You can be ready to lose and not actually throw the fight. He just didn't seem into it and a guy with some serious skills KOed him. I think the way Anderson fault was an injustice to Weidman. It was so out there and bizarre that it makes you think what the fuck did I just watch.

As an Anderson fan, I am glad Chris knocked him the fuck out. Had he not and this thing went to points it would have been questionable of just how hard Anderson tried. Chris left no doubt that he won the fight.

Silva was ready to lose. I believe him when he said he was tired and doesn't care to be champion anymore. But he didn't take a dive. He didn't throw the fight. Chris threw a punch and dropped him. I doesn't mean Chris is a legend. It does mean he is off to a damn good start though.

A lot of fix talk... Interesting how that Forbes article just came out talking about how the UFC would profit of Anderson losing.

I do no think the fight was fixed, for the record.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Twist of Lemon View Post
    So in the past year we've had Overeem got ktfo, Urijah Hall dance his way to a largely ineffective loss and Silva getting the hammer dropped on him. Can fighters stop this whole, I'm so good I don't even need to defend thing? Such a shitty way to lose, for the fighter and fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Personally, I couldnt have asked for a better situation to see Silva finished. It was great. Think the knucklehead fighters will figure out now that taunting and dancing isnt doing you any favours? Imagine how different the outcome would have been had Anderson focused all that energy into putting hands on weidman instead?
    ...I don't see the bullshit changing any time soon.
    zuffa pays fighters to be entertaining more than it pays them to be skilled.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordofAres View Post
    I don't like this talk of Anderson throwing the fight or beating himself. Sure he got cocky and acted like a clown but he's done that before and went on to destroy his opponent. Make no mistake Weidman WON this fight. That little back hand right before the left was brilliant!
    meh. It's easing people's pain. The first stage of grief management is denial. consider the source when you see it.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I've always hated Anderson's clowing fighters in the ring and saw it as a sign of disrespect. That being said I was never an Anderson hater because of it, how can you hate someone that good when you're a fan of the art of mma. Aside from all of that.. it really was poetic justice seeing Anderson mock Weidman's power in the same exchange that got him knocked out. Way to go Weidman, not gonna lie, I never thought he had a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Apparently, after the knockout, while Weidman was celebrating in the cage, he called Silva a "disrespectful piece of shit!'

Here's the clip: Source

PS- turn the sound on in the top left corner of the clip to hear it.
    By definition, doesn't that make Chris a disrespectful piece of shit to point out the obvious over an unconscious opponent?

Where is his version of Greggy Jackson, telling him to go get some fans?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Apparently, after the knockout, while Weidman was celebrating in the cage, he called Silva a "disrespectful piece of shit!'

Here's the clip: Source

PS- turn the sound on in the top left corner of the clip to hear it.
    Funny considering at the press conference he said multiple times he didn't feel it was disrespectful and was just a strategy to get into his opponents heads... He was fired up I guess.

Anyone know what Dana's announcement was about GSP that Goldberg talked about on the broadcast?

Thread Information