Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Let Me See If I Can Express it Correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Well you also said he would win. If I remember right I predicted he would lose tonight with both Jones and GSP to follow.
    I came to grips with that fact long time ago.

What I didn't know is that he would go rogue do his own thing and not treat Weidman like Sonnen. Contrary to popular believe Silva does not always fight the same and seldomly showboats against wrestlers.

/done
    Funny to read the seldomly showboats line with that gif as your sig lol
    LJS-NEMS

Quote Originally Posted by Supe View Post
    Funny to read the seldomly showboats line with that gif as your sig lol
    LOL yea I never really considered baiting the same thing as showboating. I have never seen Silva showboat against a wrestler.
    Last edited by roaddawg; 07-07-2013 at 03:00 PM.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Well you also said he would win. If I remember right I predicted he would lose tonight
    ...uh...you predicted he'd get "smotherfucked" by a wrestler and lose a decision.

He got outstruck standing and KTFO'd by a fighter, not a wrestler. I stated all along that Weidman was the biggest threat he'd faced in 5 years, that Anderson's lack of reach advantage would play a role, and that if Weidman won, he'd finish Anderson, not smotherfuck him.

What I didn't know is that he would go rogue do his own thing and not treat Weidman like Sonnen. Contrary to popular believe Silva does not always fight the same and seldomly showboats against wrestlers.
    Whatever makes your tears less salty, I guess.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    ...uh...you predicted he'd get "smotherfucked" by a wrestler and lose a decision.

He got outstruck standing and KTFO'd by a fighter, not a wrestler. I stated all along that Weidman was the biggest threat he'd faced in 5 years, that Anderson's lack of reach advantage would play a role, and that if Weidman won, he'd finish Anderson, not smotherfuck him.
    rh
    I think most logical peeps here expected the Silva that fought Sonnen, Okami and Vitor to show up against Weidman. Had I known the Silva that fought Maia would show up I would have expected him to get clipped like RJJ or possibly submitted.

In any case however had we both bet on the fight you would have lost. The details in the fight didn't change the outcome.

P.S.
    I'm anything but salty but I am confused, disappointed and yet relieved at the sametime which is weird. I imagine this is what you felt when Fedor lost. Hell it must have sucked watching him lose 3 fights back to back. Then again you don't get attached to fighters so you probably could careless.
    Last edited by roaddawg; 07-07-2013 at 03:13 PM.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Dark Mage why do you keep distancing Anderson's loss last night to fedors final fights? I don't even see that many comparing the two but you keep mentioning it.

They were two completely different fighters/people the only thing they shared in common was a level of greatness that very few ever ever get to taste. I was a big fan of fedor and was meh on A. silva. I enjoyed watching Silva destroy people but I was not a fan of his.

Fedor was the type of fighter I wanted to root for. I liked him for the same reasons you did and respect Fedor way more than Anderson.
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

6. Default

Fedor and A Silva are two completely different animals as people. Ones a saint the other a heel, but they lived in two different worlds too. Pride did not have any were near the same media exposure the UFC puts there fighters through. Also the US media and a more media time A Silva got exposed more, Fedor still holds his same image after retirement too

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    He was rolling the wrong way with the last punch, because he was expecting a right hand instead of the left one. Weidman faked him out by throwing a left, then a right, then bringing back that same right hand in a backhand fashion (while Anderson rolled with it as if THAT were the left he was expecting), followed by the actual left hand while Anderson was moving the wrong way.
    I said that to the people I watched it with last night. That backhand flip punch was fucking brilliant because it completely froze Anderson's feet and left him open to be KTFO.

Even in defeat Anderson was as fake as he could possibly be. Trying to appease the crowd with fake platitudes and they weren't having any of it. Majority of the crowd was booing him during his interview with Joe. Seems MMA fans have finally opened their eyes to who Anderson actually is.
    Last edited by YukonJordan; 07-07-2013 at 04:01 PM.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

I think this KO was more embarrassing than Horsemeat's KO; and that was a bad one. If you are going to disrespect your opponent and showboat, make sure you win. At least Steven Seagal is there, with his belly, to comfort the Spider.

Silva started the showboating for two reasons, both because Wiedman was beating him up on the ground: 1) If he starts that taunting bullshit, maybe it'd throw Wiedman off his game and open up a knock out. 2) He can save face from the fans/judges and also have an excuse for getting beat up "i took him too lightly" or something.

That's what I think anyway. I've never seen someone get taken down and pounded on, and then think it was a good idea to start showboating. Those were the only reasons I could think of. It's really a coward's way out if you ask me. I think Silva could have/maybe should have won that fight and, at the time, I thought Wiedman was crazy to not take him down again while Silva was trying to showboat.

All in all, while Silva is/was more talented or gifted than Fedor, he never had the heart, respect, and fighting spirit that Fedor had. That's a natural fact, kimosabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Supe View Post
    Seeing a cocky clown get flatlined is always great. Listening to his zombie fans try to sell it or defend it is even funnier.
    Flatlined? It was a flash KO at best. He was unconscious for less than 2 seconds. I know Weidman is the new champ and shocked the world and all that jive, but let's not get carried away here.

Thread Information