Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Let Me See If I Can Express it Correctly.

I am a HUUGE Anderson Silva fan and was soooo confused last night, in a state of denial really. But I think I've come to terms with what happened and Anderson messed up. I think his gameplan was to clown weidman and draw him into anderson's style of fight. Anderson is known to do this during his fights. However this time was different - Weidman didn't fall for it like previous opponents Anderson has fought. Anderson's reaction should have been to change his gameplan but he instead chose to intensify the goofiness thinking this would end up drawing weidman into his fight plan. That was the mistake and caused Anderson to get knocked out. What an idiot. He won't make the same mistake in the rematch. Anderson will be champ for the rubber match

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    If it helps you can pretend Weidman's is more skilled at striking and that is why he beat Silva.
    Are you under the impression that Silva wanted to lose the belt? Honest question as your responses are making me think you are.

Silva did lose because he was overly cocky and Chris caught him when others couldn't. Silva is a better striker but his foolish tactics finally caught up to him. I believe Silva was very much wanting to "teach" Weidman and all the people that thought he'd lose a lesson like he did with Leites and Maia. Matter of fact before the exchange that knocked him out I thought that we were going to see a toying session.

Quote Originally Posted by explodingbunny View Post
    I am a HUUGE Anderson Silva fan and was soooo confused last night, in a state of denial really. But I think I've come to terms with what happened and Anderson messed up. I think his gameplan was to clown weidman and draw him into anderson's style of fight. Anderson is known to do this during his fights. However this time was different - Weidman didn't fall for it like previous opponents Anderson has fought. Anderson's reaction should have been to change his gameplan but he instead chose to intensify the goofiness thinking this would end up drawing weidman into his fight plan. That was the mistake and caused Anderson to get knocked out. What an idiot. He won't make the same mistake in the rematch. Anderson will be champ for the rubber match

After Anderson's interview with Rogan I was even more confused.

Quote Originally Posted by orion_damage View Post
    After Anderson's interview with Rogan I was even more confused.

I was confused for two reasons. I was like-....

1 - I can't believe anderson just got KO'ed
    2 - I can't believe Anderson knows how to speak english so well

hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by JacktheRipper View Post
    lol I just rewatched it. He was out on the floor for maybe 2 seconds. Of course he's going to lay there for a moment. That's for his own safety so he doesnt jump right up and stumble and hit his head. People saying Silva got KTFO are almost as idiotic as the ones saying the fight was fixed.
    I never said knocked the fuck out, but he was out of it for more than 2 seconds - Not saying unconscious, but didn't pretty damn hazy. Otherwise, as in flash knockouts, he would have been back up on his feet a lot faster instead of having to collect himself while cornermen tended to him.

Callin' it like it is, not one way or the other...

Reality is that no one is invincible, everybody sooner or later is gonna lose.
    Even Jon Jones that now looks unbeatable sooner or later will lose. GSP will lose again, the next big thing is gonna lose too.

The problem is how you lose, winning or losing you can not lose your dignity. Anderson did that. One thing is to taunt your opponent a little bit so he plays your game, and another thing is to repeat the same stuff over and over and over again and ending up fighting like an idiot.
    He is Anderson Silva, but he is fighting professional fighters that have trained their whole life too, you can not treat them as if they are some 5 year old kids that can do nothing to you.
    It worked for him in the past, but it will not work all the time.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

It's really just one step closer to my predicted (half jokingly) superfight between Weidman and Hendricks...

Also, I find it funny that roaddawg still has the sig of Silva vs Bonnar with the caption "Anderson Silva: Best fighter on the planet" where he's showboating, which is exactly what got him knocked the fuck out! haha. He's not the best any more.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I am currently at the pharmacy picking up several prescriptions for injuries that occurred during my post Weidman victory celebration.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

It's mind-numbingly obvious what happened. We all need it to be explained.

No, there is no such thing as karma. What happened was the result of probability meshed with the talent of another man inside of a fist fight. Weidman had the nerve to believe in himself inside that Octagon, unlike most of Silva's opponents.

Yes, Silva got caught taught. Yes, it was bound to happen.

Did Ali taunt for ever and never lose? No.

Was it likely that Silva would? No.

Sure Silva is playful in the Octagon, like he is outside of it. Yes, he gets more aggressive and taunts inside there because it his own domain. He made that Octagon his realm, a realm that defeated other fighters as they walked in.

Champions lose. It doesn't make them any less great. They accomplish something a fraction of fighters ever do. They bend fate through their hardwork and dedication.

Carry with on the schadenfreude bandwagon. I won't join in. I will continue to be a fan and be watching his fights and highlights in the years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by orion_damage View Post
    Are you under the impression that Silva wanted to lose the belt? Honest question as your responses are making me think you are.

Silva did lose because he was overly cocky and Chris caught him when others couldn't. Silva is a better striker but his foolish tactics finally caught up to him. I believe Silva was very much wanting to "teach" Weidman and all the people that thought he'd lose a lesson like he did with Leites and Maia. Matter of fact before the exchange that knocked him out I thought that we were going to see a toying session.
    I believe that Roaddawg has repeatedly stated that Silva was hardly trying and Weidman did not beat the best version of Silva.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1
    Also, I find it funny that roaddawg still has the sig of Silva vs Bonnar with the caption "Anderson Silva: Best fighter on the planet" where he's showboating, which is exactly what got him knocked the fuck out! haha. He's not the best any more.
    That's your opinion. The answer changes with each individual.

Thread Information