Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 72

Thread: Let Me See If I Can Express it Correctly.

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sackville N.B
    Posts
    2,738

    Default

    Anderson lost because he got cocky and he finally paid for it. He dug his own grave, Weidman just put him in the hole.

  2. Default

    I think Anderson knew that he was probably going to lose and decided to showboat extra hard so that people would write off the loss as him "not taking the fight seriously." But I don't think he expected to get knocked the fuck out like he did. I believe he figured he'd lose a decision, so he decided to make it seem like he was "giving away rounds."

    But it wasn't like he wasn't trying, because he constantly tried to bait Weidman so he could catch him with counters.

    PS - Jack Slack predicted that Silva could get caught like this. Normally Silva rolls with the punches by alternating directions since most MMA fighters alternate their strikes left, right, left, etc... Weidman threw Silva off by doubling up and going left, right, right, left.
    ------------------

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    I think Anderson knew that he was probably going to lose and decided to showboat extra hard so that people would write off the loss as him "not taking the fight seriously." But I don't think he expected to get knocked the fuck out like he did. I believe he figured he'd lose a decision, so he decided to make it seem like he was "giving away rounds."

    But it wasn't like he wasn't trying, because he constantly tried to bait Weidman so he could catch him with counters.

    PS - Jack Slack predicted that Silva could get caught like this. Normally Silva rolls with the punches by alternating directions since most MMA fighters alternate their strikes left, right, left, etc... Weidman threw Silva off by doubling up and going left, right, right, left.
    Anderson's weight was on the wrong foot, he trapped himself with his dumb showboating. Its really pathetic because if Anderson beat Weidman he would never rematch him again and could have had 3-4 more fights and retired undefeated and had retard MMA fans still thinking he was the best ever.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    Roaddawg is right, acting like a douche and getting embarrassed in historically awesome fashion is totally a great career/life move, WAY better than just vacating the belt or retiring. I don't like the pressures of my job either so tomorrow I am gonna go right in there, cuss out a sweet old lady that works there, pee my pants, and cry until I get escorted out. That is how classy champs handle their shit.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!


  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    I think Anderson knew that he was probably going to lose and decided to showboat extra hard so that people would write off the loss as him "not taking the fight seriously." But I don't think he expected to get knocked the fuck out like he did. I believe he figured he'd lose a decision, so he decided to make it seem like he was "giving away rounds."

    But it wasn't like he wasn't trying, because he constantly tried to bait Weidman so he could catch him with counters.

    PS - Jack Slack predicted that Silva could get caught like this. Normally Silva rolls with the punches by alternating directions since most MMA fighters alternate their strikes left, right, left, etc... Weidman threw Silva off by doubling up and going left, right, right, left.
    I disagree with the first part of you post. I don't think Silva went into this fight expecting to lose so much as he went into this fight grudgingly, muttering to himself about the PPV numbers he could be pulling if it was GSP. I don't think losing to Chris "Who?" Weidman in any fashion played any part in his plans. But that's just me.

    I also read that Slack article, and was hoping that Weidman would double and triple up with his shots to try and catch Silva. I also recalled a UFC.com article from a few months back which mentioned that Weidman was working heavily on his left hook, and that he believed that it would a factor if he fought Silva.


  6. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    He was rolling the wrong way with the last punch, because he was expecting a right hand instead of the left one. Weidman faked him out by throwing a left, then a right, then bringing back that same right hand in a backhand fashion (while Anderson rolled with it as if THAT were the left he was expecting), followed by the actual left hand while Anderson was moving the wrong way.
    Seems unlikely, because that would involve studying Silva's habits and patterns, then setting a trap to catch him.

    I thought I saw the same thing when he fought Munoz - high kicks to raise his hands to make takedowns easier, then repeatedly leading with the right to bait Munoz into countering with his own right: then countering the counter with a right elbow for the finish.

    However, I been reliably informed - ad fucking nauseum - that Weidman only beat Munoz cause Munoz was fat and out of shape, so I must have imagined all of that. So you are probably mistaken also. and it's far more likely that Silva decided to simulate being savagely knocked out because he's bored with winning all of the time.

  7. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Seeing a cocky clown get flatlined is always great. Listening to his zombie fans try to sell it or defend it is even funnier.
    I am the liquor

  8. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    If it helps you can pretend Weidman's is more skilled at striking and that is why he beat Silva.
    if it helps YOU, you can pretend that the reach advantage he's enjoyed over every striker actually capable of knocking him out never played the role I've been saying it has for years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Supe View Post
    Seeing a cocky clown get flatlined is always great. Listening to his zombie fans try to sell it or defend it is even funnier.
    Yes. It is. Guys who are so invested in the manlove of their icon, they can't even comprehend that he got beaten. He had to "give it up" instead of having the title taken from him.



    right.

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

  9. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    if it helps YOU, you can pretend that the reach advantage he's enjoyed over every striker actually capable of knocking him out never played the role I've been saying it has for years.

    Well you also said he would win. If I remember right I predicted he would lose tonight with both Jones and GSP to follow.
    I came to grips with that fact long time ago.

    What I didn't know is that he would go rogue do his own thing and not treat Weidman like Sonnen. Contrary to popular believe Silva does not always fight the same and seldomly showboats against wrestlers.

    /done
    Last edited by roaddawg; 07-07-2013 at 07:32 AM.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •